Fender (Japan) 1984 Stratocaster

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, but is it an 84? An 84 would be worth more than, say, a 94, but there's nothing to confirm it's age. And a birds eye maple neck? :eek: Possible, but very unlikely.

Mike

It looks like a Fender japan standard model. The tuners and the string trees looks like the ones used in the 80's. I had a 1995 standard, it had the same tuners as the american standard model and only one string tree (same type though). It actually had a slightly flamed neck.

Japan standard headstock:

stan2.jpg

The 1995 atandard had the same logo, the '57 and '62 reissue models have the spaghetti logo.

Mike

Well maybe I'm wrong again! :lol: Those must be the ugliest string trees ever put onto a Strat. :-?

stratman323 said:
Well maybe I'm wrong again! :lol: Those must be the ugliest string trees ever put onto a Strat. :-?

One is ok I think but two of them is just too much! But they are quite good actually.

This is the one I owned:

303fender.jpg

Mike

try posting the link next time; it's much easier........................and yes, it's a very crappy listing...............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130193362296&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D130193362296%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

javelin70 said:
stratman323 said:

One is ok I think but two of them is just too much! But they are quite good actually.

This is the one I owned:

303fender.jpg

Mike

I've got an 87 E series MIJ sunburst hardtail strat with a rosewood board that I bought new for about $399. It has the transitional Fender logo as shown and the serial number with MIJ below it. Also has the Gotoh tuners. One of my "keeper" guitars.

But if I recall, the string tree was a standard, double sided (not round) two stringer....I'll have to pull it and have a look.

So, I guess the verdict is...
Crappy listing; probably not a 1984; and if is not an '84 then he is lying becasue he states he has owned it since new; but if it is a genuine mid 90's fender Japan then still it is a bargain? And at pick up only then if you don't like it, you just don't pay - no?
________
one vaporizer

scunny said:
So, I guess the verdict is...
Crappy listing; probably not a 1984; and if is not an '84 then he is lying becasue he states he has owned it since new; but if it is a genuine mid 90's fender Japan then still it is a bargain? And at pick up only then if you don't like it, you just don't pay - no?

It's probably an 80's standard model, I don't know if they existed in 1985 but a couple of years later they did. If it's an 80's model it should have Fender marked Gotoh tuners. In the mid 90's the tuners are different as I mentioned (american standard type). It's now at ?156 with 5 hours left and if it's genuine (and it certainly looks like it) it's cheap! The standard model is quite good.

Mike

Back