Fancy a cheap Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadman

Reaction score
Wait till after Christmas.

This lot will be slashed in price:
http://www.coda-music.com/tokai.html

Deadman said:
Wait till after Christmas.

This lot will be slashed in price:
http://www.coda-music.com/tokai.html

What makes you say that ? There price for an ES100 is only a few pounds cheaper then about four other UK retailers. I visit Coda quite a lot and I doubt they will reduce the price, regardless of any festive holiday. Sales of good spec guitars hardly change throughout the year.

Coda are based in Luton, Bedfordshire and Stevenage, Hertfordshire. 30 miles or so North of Luton.

There is no hardcase with them for that price. There are other dealers that sell the ES100 for around ?20 more and supply the Tokai hardcase with it as well. So it is worth looking around the other Tokai dealers in the UK.

ned said:
Where are they located? I may be in the York area in December.

Ned you going to be very close to a few big UK Tokai Dealers while you visit yorkshire.

Tokai UK - Bob Murdoch is in Sheffield - Yorkshire !!

Also Music Ground are in Leeds, even closer to Yorkshire.

I'm pretty close too, my in-laws live in Knaresborough

pm me

There is no hardcase with them for that price. There are other dealers that sell the ES100 for around ?20 more and supply the Tokai hardcase with it as well. So it is worth looking around the other Tokai dealers in the UK.

A LOT of dealers in the UK don't supply the hardcase with Tokais and they don't even offer the discounts which Coda do. There must be a mountain of 'spare' cases somewhere waiting to be sold on...

Music Ground? Good luck.

Schocker said:
A LOT of dealers in the UK don't supply the hardcase with Tokais and they don't even offer the discounts which Coda do. There must be a mountain of 'spare' cases somewhere waiting to be sold on...

I was informed that all the Tokai ES100/120 series guitars are shipped to the UK in hard cases, but like you I think there is an EU mountain of Tokai hard cases sitting somewhere.

I know that Coda dont have the cases, because they offer them with Hiscox case's for ?71. If they had the original Tokai ones then I should imagine they would be sold with them even if they charged extra.

Just to confirm - we haven't had any ES100/120s but the only tokai guitar we'd expect to see with a hard case is an ls320 or equiv.

There is no mountain that i know of - they just aren't brought in to the UK - i know - i have seen the Tokai UK warehouse!

I find it more than a little bit surprising that a guitar like the LS230 at ?1599 (Richtone) doesn's come with an original manufacturers case.
The tweed cases are OK but a ?50 case for a ?1599 guitar doesn't seem right. Even a low range Les Paul Studio at ?800 comes with a Gibson branded hard case. (I'm not suggesting you buy one, just for comparison). And few people would be happy with a Fender Custom shop guitar at that price in a cheap non-Fender case.

Be carefull about cases an Love Rocks(well in fact with any LP/335 style guitar) specially when shipping.The guitar must fit perfect in the case,no mpve at all, because if not, it can be seriously damagged.I would get an original Tokai case made for that specific guitars. When I had the Orville by Gibson I was looking for a case where the guitar fitted perfectly and tried SKB and the head did not rest OK to protect it from breaks......
I really like Tokai cases, and as far as this Tokai thing is growing and the value up, I would recomend owning the original case... If not supplied I would buy one, and another one different for gigging and let the original at home...

jawilluk said:
I find it more than a little bit surprising that a guitar like the LS230 at ?1599 (Richtone) doesn's come with an original manufacturers case.
The tweed cases are OK but a ?50 case for a ?1599 guitar doesn't seem right. Even a low range Les Paul Studio at ?800 comes with a Gibson branded hard case. (I'm not suggesting you buy one, just for comparison). And few people would be happy with a Fender Custom shop guitar at that price in a cheap non-Fender case.

Like i said, the only guitars we've ever seen with a Tokai Hard Case are the 320...will have to have a word and see what the whole deal with this is. We've been dealing Tokai for a little under a year and this has been standard from the outset.

I've been on about this for AGES!!!

LS150 and above from Japan comes with a TOKAI branded Hard Case.'

This is not the case in the UK and annoys me as it should be. In the UK you get the tweed cases, which are very nice but NOT Tokai ones!

In fact I sell exactly the same cases for ?44.95 which I am absolutely certain are the exact same cases from the same factory.

I have not had a LS320 so can't say on that, but it bloody well should have a Tokai case!

I'd be interested to hear your take on this Guitarslinger (Richtone)?

I posted a thread about it a while back HERE

Well, it is probably one for Tokai UK to come back to the dealers on.

I guess the simple answer from another dealer's view point is that of course we'd like to see official Tokai cases coming into the country with LS150 and above - this seems about the right sort of level to me.

It would "finish off" the item and I think add value to the guitar and provide the customer with a "polished" product.

From what i gather, you are basically saying that other countries are getting the official cases?

guitarslinger said:
From what i gather, you are basically saying that other countries are getting the official cases?

As I understand it yes... I have tried to ask this question on the forum but not an awful lot of response has come back! A few guys who have been helpful in my other threads have, indeed, confirmed that outside of the UK they are coming with cases.... of course, the majority of these customers are buying direct from Japan.

I have also had a chat with THIS guy about it and he also reckons they are coming with cases in other countries... though obviously as you see from his website his main business is old Tokais!

This has bugged me for a lot of years! I think if you buy a ?450 + guitar then a decent quality Hard Case should be part of the deal! Nothing fancy just something adequate. I recently bought a Gator case for ?42 which is a perfect snug fit for my LS70f. The more expensive cases had more 'movement' of the guitar including the Hiscox. ( While in the shop I put a Historic Les Paul in various cases and shook them! poor young saleman nearly had a siezure! Lol! )

Likewise, I just bought a CNB case from Frets for ?59 (delivered). Thick brown tolex covering, cushioned fluffy pink interior, sloping back rest in the bottom and padded peghead protector in the top, double neck rest and accesories compartment. Extremely well built and fits like a glove. Better than the Gibson standard TKL case, because the CNB one actually shuts without being able to see daylight over the fretboard from the side :lol:

Latest posts

Back