Expected price for a Greco EG 450?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al3d

Reaction score
As the title sais, what can i expect to pay for a Greco EG 450 in good condition?..and how does it compare to a Tokai LS 5o or 80?..

Thanks

hi
most of the eg 450 i have seen have a chambered body ,,,, so it is not the same guitar as a ls 50/80 ..... but i do have a solid body eg 450 with long tenor ... from 1982 a mint serie ,,, so you can be lucky :D :D :D
so what a eg450 would cost it not easy to say
some time ago i did have a super real 450 or 500 with a chambered body :D :D it is not in any catalogs ... but i think they used all the parts they had and they made a eg 450/500 super real with a chambered body
but the eg 450 i got now is a much better guitar ...
all the best
otto

al3d said:
As the title sais, what can i expect to pay for a Greco EG 450 in good condition?..and how does it compare to a Tokai LS 5o or 80?..

Thanks

Price depends on the overall state, which it year was made, any modifications made, with case? As Otto says it should be chambered, but it's best to check to be sure. Here in Holland I saw one from 1980 go for 400 euro 2 months ago.

Specs, generally speaking;

The EG450 has a 2 or 3 piece mahogany back, sycamore chambered top, poly finish, 17 degree headstock angle, feb pre 1982.

LS50 has a 2 piece mahogany back, 3 piece maple top, poly finish, 14 degree headstock angle, no feb

LS80 has a 1 piece mahogany back, 2 piece maple top, 17 degree headstock angle, nitro finish, feb

al3d said:

Thanks

I would say pay as little as possible - it's a pretty common guitar with pretty cheap construction, unfortunately.

The Tokai LS50 would be a lot more satisfying and better built.

Cali Girl said:
al3d said:

Thanks

I would say pay as little as possible - it's a pretty common guitar with pretty cheap construction, unfortunately.

The Tokai LS50 would be a lot more satisfying and better built.

Thanks. I got an Orville recently and my friend wants to get either a Tokai, greco or Orville, but would like to keep it under 1000$. so on the lookout for him

Latest posts

Back