EVH

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers Ned
just one more have tokai ever used a original floyd rose on any models

Yes there was a EVH model strat, yellow with black stripes, made in the early eighties. I'll have a dig around and see if i can find some pics for you .......they come up every now and again on Yahoo japan.

Mick

That would be fantastic
I just bought one from YJ and blind as there was no picture but the price was silly
Thats why I wondered if it was a home paint job or if Tokai did one
Also the reason I ask about the floyd as it was advertised as having one
So hopefully that will be something that makes it worth having

Hi barburny, have a look at this.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300241519584&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:GB:1123

Forum member Stratman_323 found this one, hope this helps.

Mick

Is that kosher? It looks like a standard Goldstar neck bolted onto a different body to me. What sort of headstock did Van Halen have on his guitars? Wasn't it pointy?

Mike

Hi Mike, the pointy ones were the later kramer strats sort of banana shaped headstocks. He had a Black with yellow striped Charvel strat with the fender style headstock.
guitarvh2.jpg

Mick

Interesting piece of info, Vanhalen buried his yellow and black strat with Dimebag Darrell from pantera when he was buried in 2004, as a sign of respect.

Mick

Still seems a waste to me. When I'm dead, I hope someone else will continue to enjoy some of the wonderful guitars I now own. They deserve better than rotting in a coffin with a corpse.... :-?

Fenderad-YouWontPartWithYoursEither.jpg

nice find and thanks
I will be well pleased if mine is the same as I paid quite a bit less and it did say floyd rose in the discription so here is hoping!!
Just got to wait and see if I got bargin of the year or crook of **** of the year :roll:
If anybody spots any more please post the up

yes they did infact make a copy of the EVH Charvel kind. I managed to pick one up for much less then what that guy in OZ is asking for, although it was over two years ago.

Its a sort of one trick pony type of guitar but ill tell you its has an amazing sound to it, and the neck is just PERFECT! btw-mine came with an old rockinger trem that i removed and had replaced with a original floyd rose. also changed the dimarzio to a genesis paf evh copy.

here is a pic that i have laying around, i hope its good enough to observe.

gear.jpg

Shredfreak said:
Looks very nice, I would love to have one of those! By the way is that John Suhr Strat you got there?

Thank you very much! Yes that is a Suhr Standard in there, love that one just the same.

once again thanks that is spot on and is giving me faith in my blind buy
Once again if anybody else has any more please post it up :lol:

Just to link similar discussion on EVH

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19990&highlight=van+halen

Latest posts

Back