ES 135 in the UK

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJBennett

Reaction score
Hello, i have browsed these forums for a while after i discovered about Tokai guitars as i was after a es335 copy.
Basically i found the es120 and thought i was ok, after a lot of searching though it seems theres a bewildering amount of other guitars out there.

I have always like Clapton's Cherry ES335 with the block neck and from a catalogue i believe it is possible to buy one, as the title says i think its the es135.

My question to you is "am i correct of seriously muddled and where can i get a guitar like this one in the UK?"

Many thanks,
J.

Hi there,
Would try Coda Music or Hartnoll guitars both in the UK.
The trouble you may have is that it might have to be a special order as you don't see many of these
Good hunting!
Also there is Richtone Music they have an Ebay shop site

I got a lefty ES-120 on Ebay here in the UK, brand new, and love it. I paid 575GBP and am very happy with it indeed.

To help you with your confusion, the ES-120 and ES-135 are the same as far as I can tell (though correct me if I'm wrong someone) - someone else mentioned Tokai base their model numbers on the price in yen, so the model number periodically changes with inflation (ES-120 = 120,000 yen, ES-135 = 135,000 yen).

Hope that helps!

Oxford Guitar Gallery, a chap called Dave is extremely helpful. The shop stocks many different types of Tokais so you may be lucky. He got in touch with the Tokai reps and found me a Tokai SG Classic with P90s when he couldnt get his hands on one himself, it was at my door in four days, the only one in the UK so I was told. What exceptional service.

Latest posts

Back