Decisions - new LP

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exgibsonuser

Reaction score
I've got a LS70F that I'm really happy with but have the chance to acquire from a friend who is getting rid of some of his guitars either an LS120 (which I believe is the nitro finish model) or (the one I prefer to the LS120 ...for the Scott Gorham look) an LS65 plain top in cherry or finally a Love Rock 2 in cherry red flame.

I really like the LR2 and think this is actually the highest spec guitar, with a one piece body and top (according the the UK website).

Just wondered what you guys might go for - I can only have one otherwise it's divorce time!! (of course, ideally I'd have all three!!!)

My pros & cons

Love Rock 2 - very high quality, less timber joins, Keiyo pickups, poly finish for durability, neck not too clubby but lacks the inlays of the regular LP's. On balance my favourite

LS120 - very high quality, better hardware than LS65 (same as LR2 though?) but nitro finish. Larger neck profile than the LS65

LS65 - poly finish but lower quality hardware (same as my LS70F though). Neck fractionally slimmer than the LS120

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! :lol:

It's very difficult to answer your question 'cause you are the single person who's able to check them out ... and that's the best you can do! :wink:

When I've purchased my '85 LS150 I knew that I didn't want a brand new one, she should be in a rather mint condition and should have a higher grade than LS 50-100 ...

You have the choice between 3 ... and they are totally different ... so decide for that one that's great in tone and you feel most familiar with !!! :wink:

Roger

BTW - I would tend to buy the LS120 ... if she's in an excellent shape! :wink:

Latest posts

Back