closed

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The baseplate holes/bobbin lower shape/tape/height and markings on legs/wire color = can't be any humbucker imho.

Maybe if someone has the same on his guitar ?
Looks like an old Greco Mint Serie to me, the ones found in SG.

Marcus is correct. From what I can tell it looks like a plastic spacer inside there. All of the Greco pups I have seen have had wood spacers. I have seen plastic ones in Burny pickups.

The baseplate holes/bobbin lower shape/tape/height and markings on legs/wire color = can't be any humbucker imho.

What markings on legs? All of the other things mentioned look the same as many other pickups.

Wood spacer for Greco, that's a hint thanks.
From Burny SG why not, never had one with braided wire.

Look at the T markings on leg, as old PAFs, also length of leg is shorter.
Look at the junction leg/baseplate (square indent).
Look at color of wire through hole = plain enamel as good PAFs.
Look at square/round holes on bobbins.

Just open your eyes :wink:

Don't you like antiquities :lol: ?

Look at the T markings on leg, as old PAFs, also length of leg is shorter.

Real PAF's had L shaped tool marks

Look at color of wire through hole = plain enamel as good PAFs.

Hard for me to tell. It doesn't look purple in the pic.

Many pickups have that. With real PAF's the square was usually not center of the circle.

Just open your eyes

Huh?

Don't you like antiquities ?

Not much. I have tried several sets and only found 2 that I liked. They were first year production. I liked the Seth Lover better. I have tried many pickups and have had several apart. Are you now saying that these are Duncans? Do they have standard or metric threads?

Old Greco and Ibanez 70s and early 80s Maxon pickups only had 2 holes on the bobbins. Most Japanese pickups don't have the end square hole on the bobbin although some Gotoh's do so maybe it's a Gotoh pickup.
Gibson PAF's and DiMarzios and Seymour Duncans do have the end square hole on the bobbin.

japanstrat said:
Most Japanese pickups don't have the end square hole on the bobbin although some Gotoh's do so maybe it's a Gotoh pickup.

Interesting. I have a Screamin'82 that does have. Oddly enough the squares are not punched center either. I wonder if Gotoh made some of these.

Latest posts

Back