1977 CE1000S Clarence White Model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singlechange

Reaction score
I just recently joined this wonderful forum and this is my first post. I hope to learn and share with all the other Tokai fans here. From my own collection is a 1977 CE1000 S Clarence White. The 1977 has straight braces and forward shifted and the small bridge plate. I believe this 1977 was introduced two years before the 1979 CE1000 S Clarence White that has scalloped braces and also forward shifted and small bridge plate. The only modification I made was to remove the original closed back Grover silver tuners and to install the open back Waverly gold tuners to reduce some weight. One source I found on internet says the 1977 is about one pound heavier than the 1979.

Attachments

• IMG_5017.jpeg
    IMG_5017.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 1
Martin Guitar's Japanese Counterpart
Cat's Eyes

CE 1200M/¥120.000
CE 2000 S/¥200,000 (with special case)
CE 1000 S/V100,000

●Let's introduce three models from the Cat's Eye Limited Production Series.

●First of all, the CE1200M is an upgraded model based on Martin's D.18.The difference from the D.18 is that it has the highest quality African ebony on the fingerboard and bridge plate. The beautiful inlays seen on the Martein Pre War model have been applied. Of course, the top plate is made of Sitka Spruce, which can be said to be second to none, and the sides and back are also made of carefully selected mahogany. For those who simply want beautiful sounds for fingerpicking, lead guitar, etc.

●CE2000S is a professional recording guitar. Lacquered finish, non-adjustable V-shape neck, etc., Same as Martin guitars made by the system. The sides and back are made of fine Jacaranda and top-quality rosewood depending on the season. The top plate is made of durable and beautiful German spruce, and a special hard case made with extensive research is included. Many professionals use it. It perfectly follows the conditions that musicians are looking for, such as a guitar that always sounds good.

●The CE1000S is a guitar created primarily to satisfy bluegrass players. Enjoy the powerful sound inspired by the well-known Clarence White's D-28.

●These models are made with carefully selected materials of the highest quality, so only a small number can be made. We confidently recommend this to anyone who wants their own guitar that will last a lifetime.

If you would like a catalog, please apply to the YG staff at the head office below and enclose a 200 yen stamp. tokai musical instrument Co., Ltd. make Head Office/36 Terawaki-cho, Hamamatsu City Ph: 0534-41-3137 Offices/Tokyo Osaka Hamamatsu Fukuoka Sapporo

Screen Shot 2024-01-06 at 2.16.34 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 0
Back