Can't get no relief ....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherryburst

Reaction score
A small problem with my LS125 - I've been experimenting with different string gauges and the set-up in general. One problem I've noticed is that I can't get much relief in the neck, even with the trussrod backed off fully. This means that the low E string buzzes badly unless the bridge is hiked up quite high. I think that installing a new, better cut nut will improve the problem, but I just wondered if any of you guys had experienced this problem? Any comments or help appreciated.

cherryburst said:
A small problem with my LS125 - I've been experimenting with different string gauges and the set-up in general. One problem I've noticed is that I can't get much relief in the neck, even with the trussrod backed off fully. This means that the low E string buzzes badly unless the bridge is hiked up quite high. I think that installing a new, better cut nut will improve the problem, but I just wondered if any of you guys had experienced this problem? Any comments or help appreciated.

When you back a truss rod off, the neck does not respond straight away. When I set up any guitar and make a change in the truss rod, I leave it to settle for at least 24 hours. Adjusting by 1/16th of a turn each time.

The neck may also need some gentle pressure to go negative.

Latest posts

Back