can anyone date this breezysound for me ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1743.jpg
    IMG_1743.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1750.jpg
    IMG_1750.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1749.jpg
    IMG_1749.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1748.jpg
    IMG_1748.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1746.jpg
    IMG_1746.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 1
No serial number? No Made in Japan stamp?

Any stamps/pics inside?

to be honest, someone said they could almost date it by the shape of the headstock....
I haven't taken the neck or pickguard off,
should I have a look inside ?

thanks for your reply...
dave

There's usually a serial number on the neck plate which would give an indication. If you take the neck off there will be (or should be) a stamp at the bottom and also under the volume/tone controls on the body which will help.

That neck shape only tells you it was made for a market where Fender had rights re: trademarks and patents. It was made after 1982 essentially.

Might be Korean, but we need to see under the hood and neck pocket.

ok neck off, pic attached
pickguard off , no info, stickers or stamps,
( this is probably because whoever added the new pickups,
shielded the whole inside of the body)
some pics of the pots, switches ect.
does this help dating the guitar ?
many thanks
dave

Attachments

• IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    167.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2419.JPG
    IMG_2419.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 1
No serial number? No Made in Japan stamp?

Any stamps/pics inside?
posted new pics
cheers dave
There's usually a serial number on the neck plate which would give an indication. If you take the neck off there will be (or should be) a stamp at the bottom and also under the volume/tone controls on the body which will help.
posted some pics
cheers dave

From what I am seeing, the neck is a Tokai neck. The production code confirms that.

That headstock shape is something we start to see in 1983 on export guitars.

The head stock shape later changes on export models.

The body is probably a Tokai body with the countersunk holes in the neck pocket.

The weird thing though is the lack of a serial number on that neck plate. There should be one if this is a complete factory guitar from Japan.

I suspect this may be an assembled guitar from parts.

There should be a code in the control compartment and/or in the neck pickup compartment. If the code in there matches, or is close to, the one on the neck then it was mated at the factory.

The 3 barrel bridge is something you see on a TTE80 by 1984. But there should be an A stamp on the neck and body I believe, and I don't see it. I also don't see TOKAI stamped on the bridge plate, so I am doubting that is original.

If you ever find a code on the body let us know. And of course take pictures.

Last edited:
From what I am seeing, the neck is a Tokai neck. The production code confirms that.

That headstock shape is something we start to see in 1983 on export guitars.

The head stock shape later changes on export models.

The body is probably a Tokai body with the countersunk holes in the neck pocket.

The weird thing though is the lack of a serial number on that neck plate. There should be one if this is a complete factory guitar from Japan.

I suspect this may be an assembled guitar from parts. The only way you could know for sure is to remove some of the shielding in the control compartment and see if the code in there matches, or is close to, the one on the neck.

The 3 barrel bridge is something you see on a TTE80 by 1984. But there would be an A stamp on the neck and body I beleive, and I don't see it. I also don't see TOKAI stamped on the bridge plate, so I am doubting that is original.

If you ever pull back the shielding, let us know what you see. And of course take lots of pictures.
many thanks
you are a mine of information
cheers dave

Back