Breezysound parts on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldflame

Reaction score
Anyone want to start a Tele project? This seller has a bunch of stuff from a mid 80's Breezy for sale. Good feedback too. All parts look genuine to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Vintage-TOKAI-Breezy-Sound-Tele-Neck-nice-condition_W0QQitemZ280084860078QQihZ018QQcategoryZ41423QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280084860078

Then check out other items for sale.

I quite fancy the case but there is no TOKAI badge. Were they still putting them on around mid 80's?

oldflame said:
Anyone want to start a Tele project? This seller has a bunch of stuff from a mid 80's Breezy for sale. Good feedback too. All parts look genuine to me.

Then check out other items for sale.

I quite fancy the case but there is no TOKAI badge. Were they still putting them on around mid 80's?

I have/have had a bunch of Tokai tweed cases and none of them have had a badge. The earliest is from 1982, the others are probably mid 80's. One of them has a very nice tweed fabric (real fabric) that is totally different from the one normally used. That case is also heavier than normal for a Tokai case. It came with the JSX-70 I bought new in 1986. The only Tokai case I have that has a badge is the one that came with my 1984 Love Rock. I also bought a new TST-50 in 1985 and the case that came with it didn't have a badge either.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes my old Reborn had the Tokai badge on the case. Wasn't sure if they stopped doing it. Thanks for the info. I recall that the Tokai tweed cases were quite thin compared to the Fender cases available at around the same time in the UK. That was circa 1984.

Looks like this one is original then plus there are a couple of Tokai fanatics bidding on it. I'll probably pass as it will cost a mint get it to Australia.

oldflame said:
Looks like the neck has gone. $200 not bad for a post lawsuit headstock.

Well, I paid about the same for a 1984 TST-60/80 one piece maple v-neck including the original "deluxe" tuners :) !

And I agree with you regarding the tweed cases, they are light but surprisingly sturdy. One of mine is in "relic" state but still holds together.

Mike

I mailed the seller. He had just sold the complete control plate with all electrics.

The only thing not for sale is the body and the tuners. Those are destined for a special project.

All that's left for sale apart from the stuff on ebay is the neck plate and a Final Prospect bridge.

I don't need em' but thought I'd give someone the heads up. :D

Looks like the bridge pup and case are up again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Vintage-TOKAI-Breezy-Sound-Tele-bridge-pickup_W0QQitemZ280087352107QQihZ018QQcategoryZ22670QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280087352107

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Vintage-TOKAI-Breezy-Sound-Tweed-Hardshell-Case_W0QQitemZ280087352350QQihZ018QQcategoryZ41409QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280087352350

Weird that as they are both pretty hard to come by these days.

Latest posts

Back