BACCHUS BLS ??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leadguitar_323 said:
Once i measure the stud gap size i'll see if i can get a "tone pro's" tun-o-matic style locking bridge, i've been dying to try one of those..

Mick

Mick, I think you'll find the tonepros will fit if you use a hammer!

Togps does a locking bridge that works just as well. A tight fit is a good thing, yes I'm still talking bridges!!, I went through a phase of comparing different ABR's, as the standard vintage Tokai ones I had had partially collapsed. the one togps sells was #1, definetely improves sustain, after that the standad Gotoh ABR's are pretty good!

MIJvintage said:
JohnA said:
the one togps sells was #1, definetely improves sustain, after that the standad Gotoh ABR's are pretty good!

what is the special nature of the ones that Golfredo has?
Link?

Thanks ..........

You can buy them here in the States from his US distributor - CV Guitars:

http://cvguitars.com/index-1.html

Go to the Faber Tone Lock System tab. He offers them for both metric and imperial. I've bought several and love them

What's the special nature of them.....lots of selections. Brass saddles, coated brass saddles, wraparounds, etc. Plus, we're supporting a forum member :wink:

I didn't mean tail-pieces, I was on about ABR's. The Faber one works on a similar concept to the tone-pros, but the ABR is clamped on using a clever screw mechanism. I'll post some pics tomorrow, can't seem to find them on Togps' site.

They bow downwards form string pressure, thats why i like to top wrap.....takes pressure off the bridge by reducing the angle of the strings where they cross over the bridge....

Mick

marcusnieman said:
You can buy them here in the States from his US distributor - CV Guitars:

http://cvguitars.com/index-1.html

Marcus, thanks for that; very interesting. :)

I must not have been paying attention around here before :lol:

I love it when threads morph into something different, as I learn more, and that is what I love about this place :D

leadguitar_323 said:
They bow downwards form string pressure, thats why i like to top wrap.....takes pressure off the bridge by reducing the angle of the strings where they cross over the bridge....

Mick

that is frikkin' weird; never seen that before but then of course I don't get out much :lol:

seriously tho, I have played, owned, & sold a ton of Les Paul style & Gibby style guitars, and I really haven't seen that

I must be an alien :p ............................

Hahaha, i'm pretty sure your not an alien... :p and its not that common a problem, i have seen it only once before. I use fairly heavy gauge strings so i suppose it makes it a little more likely..

Mick

Does anyone have a hint of what does faber stuff cost? Looks great and if its crafted in German it surely is great.

Back