Any Comments on the Presto and Espressivo range ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web Surf

Reaction score
Looks like most people here look at TOKAI for LPs

Anyone here own guitars from the Presto and Espressivo range ?

Any good ?

Hey Web Surf, in this thread, there are five forums poster waiting on your reply :( ....

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=28890&highlight=#28890

... before you start new threads. Otherwise I do imagine, nobody will answer your questions ...

I second that. You see, people on this forum are smart and thats why we don't by guitars that sound like some kind of bargain cookware. So with all do respect, please try to keep most of your thoughts on Tokai guitars or related topics. Please forgive me for my direct talk. Just by Tokai and then you will know why!

Mark

TUNAFREAK said:
we don't by guitars that sound like some kind of bargain cookware. please try to keep most of your thoughts on Tokai guitars or related topics. Mark

But Presto and Espressivo **ARE** brand names of TOKAI Guitars. Please see page 1 of the 2006 Catalog.

togps said:
Hey Web Surf, in this thread, there are five forums poster waiting on your reply :( ....

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=28890&highlight=#28890

... before you start new threads. Otherwise I do imagine, nobody will answer your questions ...

Oops sorry, I dont check in here too often and I did not find a link to find my posts in this forum.

I will surely answer all answerable questions directed to me !!

Web Surf
What do you think of it ?

The guitar is roughly the same weight as a Les Paul and the neck has a fat D profile. The fingerboard is very flat, must be 12" radius with medium frets.

The seller told be that the guitar was a prototype and I can believe it as the guitar was wired up wrong on the 5 way switch. The humbucker was active in all positions !

I have also changed the humbucker as it was far too powerful in relation to the single coils. Again this could be due to it being a prototype, as the humbucker had 4 wires for coil tapping but only 2 were wired up.
I think the pickups were made by Keiyo, but can't confirm that sa they haven't replied to any of my emails.

The tremelo has a vintage steel block and the finish is, as always very good.

Here are some photo's of it prior to replacement of the pickup:-

PrestoFront.jpg

back.jpg

HeadstockFront.jpg

Headstockrear.jpg

Pickupcavities.jpg

Wiring.jpg

It's really easy to play and has lots of sustain due to the SEB body
I picked it up off ebay reaaly cheap from a guy is Poland, of all places .

Don't expect it to win any beauty contest :wink:

Back