'80 Aria pro2 tobacco burst

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAF-MAN

Reaction score
just got this last monday. it is just around 9.5 lbs. i changed out the stock aria pu's in favor of a dimarzio paf for the neck and a dimarzio sd at the bridge, and added some grovers at the head. it has a '59 neck :( but it really has a great sound.
tbd.jpg

tbc.jpg

tbb.jpg

looks pretty much identical to mine except mine has LeoPard
on the headstock. Had DiMarzios when I got it. Best $80.oo I spent on a guitar.

back in about '87 i bought my first les paul, a black aria custom with a bolt on neck at a pawn shop for $200.00 (yeah i know, too much). that's when i fell in love with the les paul. it has great action, sustain and a super thin 60's neck. to be honest, it plays better than my other 4 aria pro's.

my ebony and cherry both have the long tenon and the ebony has 2 screws. i am not sure about the gold top's tenon as it has p-90's and i have not had them out yet. but i will soon, the neck pu is very muddy. i am not sure what to replace them with yet. i want to keep the stock appearance and diamrzio does not make a cream soapbar, but i might be able to swap the covers over.

i think the leopards came with dimarzio sd's and die cast aria tuners. i don't think the build of the guitar was different from the regular pro2's. same 3 piece neck too. i was told the necks were made this way to prevent twisting (?) and add strength.

tbm.jpg

sneakyjapan said:
looks pretty much identical to mine except mine has LeoPard
on the headstock. Had DiMarzios when I got it. Best $80.oo I spent on a guitar.

want to sell it??

not at this time no. Even though it`s not high end, I still like it a lot...am looking out for a top end model though.
when I was back home and used to watch This Old House, they said lamianting wood adds strength, expecially when alternating the grain on the pieces...think Norm was talkin about that so it came from a relaible source.

Latest posts

Back