3 days in the studio with my LS Custom and 2 Marshall Amps.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pages plexitone

Reaction score
And this is all I have to show for it?!

I just posted a new tune called The Incantation. One rythym track is a Gibbie R6 but the other backing track and ALL the leads/spice etc is my LS Custom Tokai with SD Seth Lovers. Man I love that vibe....it's just so juicy

It's here http://www.myspace.com/joewgorman

Record, sleep a couple hours get back up and keep recording. I wish I loved my day job as much :D

Very very, nice, I like it a lot.

What Marshalls you guys using?

Thanks Diamond. For this recording, the backing tracks are marshall 2061x through a 1x12 open back with a Celestion heritage greenback. All the leads/spice is a marshall 2555 with a 4x12 slant cab with G12Cgreenies.
The Bassplayer has an old superlead converted to superbass for live work. But for the sake of convenience I played bass on this track. (The studio is in my house and I did the bassline in the wee small hours : )

I became a Marshall man a few weeks ago...F&%$, why did I wait so long. and waste time with a Boutique amp that tried to be a Marshall but obviously failed. :)

Not in the same class as your Marshalls, but hey, this thing has killer tone.

marshalldsl100andviolin.jpg

Dude, don't apologize for that amp! :D The DSLs are awesome, you can nail all manner of classic marshall amps with that thing, plus with your Tokai, that's a very classy looking rig. I gigged one for about 5 years when they first came out. I only ever used the clean chanel with the crunch button but it was great.

I know a lot of corksniffers look down their noses at them but who cares. If it's good enough for Jeff Beck! :lol:

If I had to hit the stage with an amp I'd never seen before, I'd feel very comfortable with a DSL!

Hi Diamond, if want an excellent and well priced early marshall check out
Ceriatone, they build awesome copies of all the early marshalls. There's a few guys on here that have them.

http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/BSJCM800_2203/BSJCM800_2203Cabinet.htm

Mick

Latest posts

Back