an LS Custom straight into 4 classic Marshall Heads

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pages plexitone

Reaction score
Ok, I applied a little more thought, time and effort to my recording setup....one takes on the guitar tracks though : )

I got the e609 right in the center of the cone on a Marshall VM cab about 3" off, and I stood a AT4047 off just at the point I heard the dreaded phase issue raise it's head.

So anyway, the cabinet and the mics never changed. I tried to get the levels as close as I could through the cab BTW.

I have a 1971 marshall 1959 superlead ('68 transition circuit with no bright cap), a 1982 JCM800 1987 stock, a 2061x, and a slash head.

I think this gives a truer picture of the differences of the amps with a minimum of room introduced problems.

ampheadpic.jpg

I used my LS custom Tokai for all these tracks (SD Seth Lovers) straight in to the amps.

tokai-1.jpg

The clips are here

http://www.purevolume.com/joewgorman

Thanks, yep, I used -8db on the hotplate for the 1959 and -4db for the 1987. I tried to get near the same volume as the 2061 (no hotplate)

Not sure why some times on the pure volume site some of the tunes don't play?!? The down loads seem to work fine if you can't play one in real time

Latest posts

Back