• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1985 EG58-180 Solid Top Mint Co

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CliffsComicWorld said:
****...... Marcus... and they look REAL...... :eek:
Yep, definitely real! You can see Gibson on the headstock and everything.

Oh wait, are you talking about something else?

JohnA said:
Yep, she's so hot I'd buy a Gibson from her!!

I did....just like the one she's holding - but sadly she didn't come with it. 2005 61 Reissue in one piece heritage cherry - now with Faber tailpiece and studs, Faber bridge with brass saddles, bumblebee caps and vintage style, period correct Les Paul truss rod cover. I hate to say it but I love it

dennisqle91 wrote:
Rich,

It's a great guitar. Definitely tops the other MIJ's I've played (ObG reissue's, a few higher end Tokai's, a Greco EGF-1000). The Dry-Z's are absolutely amazing. The guitar is really beautiful; very natural looking flame; not over the top like most of the flame tops I see today. I removed the pickguard even. It's got about every feature I'd look for in a '59 replica, but the two-piece back. If it had a one piece back, it'd be the epitome of a Les Paul.

Dennis... enjoy this rare Greco.... my loss your gain.......Nuff said... Very Best,...... Cliff

Now listed for sale again, on MyLesPaul forum. Listed as an EG60-1800, but from the pics and description, particularly the p/ups, this is the same guitar. Rather sad that this guitar has so much trouble staying sold..

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/member-classifieds/31677-fs-ft-1985-greco-mint-collection-series-eg60-1800-highest-model.html

Mick51 said:
Now listed for sale again, on MyLesPaul forum. Listed as an EG60-1800, but from the pics and description, particularly the p/ups, this is the same guitar. Rather sad that this guitar has so much trouble staying sold..

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/member-classifieds/31677-fs-ft-1985-greco-mint-collection-series-eg60-1800-highest-model.html

yes, this poor Greco is just like a red headed step child; nobody loves it, LOL........

like toxic bad assets from an American bank that TARP money cannot help ........

not to mention the seller doesn't state the weight, which is likely one of the reasons that nobody wants it :lol:
I recall it being litsed as over 9.5 lb. :p ...........

run, run away very fast, LOL ...............

Mick.....Interesting......I sold many guitars as I was moving to Maui... and believe me I would of not sold that guitar if I did not have 3 EGF-1200's... this is a great sounding guitar and a fantastic player.. the seller is now looking for a Gibson Les Paul... and we all know what Gibson folks think of a les Paul design that does not have the Gibson Logo....

Yes, it's for sale again.

I'm just going to say this once. The guitar is amazing, and it's only coincidence that this guitar is being sold so quick by its owners.

First seller (that we know of) was from Japan, and he was a dealer.

Second seller (that coolcat fellow from ebay) supposedly did not like humbuckers, but he was most likely just trying to flip the guitar for more money.

Cliff sold it because he was moving, and he had to downgrade his selection of guitars to his favorites, which consisted of EGF-1200's.

Now I'm selling it because, like Cliff stated, I am looking for a Gibson. I consider myself to be the most impulsive, no-commitment "gear *****" in the world, and I cannot hold a guitar for more than a month if my life depended on it.

And to the statement about the weight, I really did not remember it, and don't have a scale on me that works all that accurately (the one I have is more to boost my self-esteem, not to actually provide an accurate weight). I will include the weight in my ad for the guitar though.

MIJvintage, I honestly don't see why you're constantly trying to make the guitar look bad. Even when Cliff sold it, you gave him problems about it. If you have your doubts about its quality, I'd be more than happy to sell it to you so you can try it yourself :D

dennisqle91 said:
I consider myself to be the most impulsive, no-commitment "gear *****" in the world, and I cannot hold a guitar for more than a month if my life depended on it.

:lol: :lol:

At least you're honest!!

Back