1981 LS-150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why the hell did he put that video on listing?!?! Sounds like **** and at least he should tune guitar first :roll:

Oh my, that guy could give Koiz a run for his money when it comes to video taped guitar solos. :wink:

Nice guitar, too bad about the color, I'm not a bright cherry burst guy.

terrible terrible video!! lovely guitar, should be a solid top too, would like better pics of the wiring and the centre seam, as it easy to mistake a 120 with changed PU for a 150, the 3 things that prove its a 150 are not there, solid top evidence, the 150 sticker on the back, and untouched solder joints, i would need to see evidence of the solder joints and the solid top before I would accept its a 150..

villager said:
terrible terrible video!! lovely guitar, should be a solid top too, would like better pics of the wiring and the centre seam, as it easy to mistake a 120 with changed PU for a 150, the 3 things that prove its a 150 are not there, solid top evidence, the 150 sticker on the back, and untouched solder joints, i would need to see evidence of the solder joints and the solid top before I would accept its a 150..
And a one piece neck (without any wings on the headstock)...

yeah, bad video. When he first starts playing it sounds bassy like the neck pickup but the selector switch is in the lead position. Then when he switches to rhythm the sound is opposite of what I would expect, more treble.
Maybe the pickups were changed and wired incorrectly or maybe the selector switch is in upside down or the tone knob is all the way down.

I am sure that guitar was on yahoo.jp a few weeks ago...I will try and find the link?

I was watching it ,I am gassing big time for a Tokai ls120 or higher,i quite like the top...A split personality ,like my yamaki!!

I have to admit ,i think KOIZ has more talent and timing,Than this effort...A first i thought it was me after 8 cans of stella,that is exactly how i sound..
One solder joint does looks very SUSPECT...and sh***y ...I am pretty sure it is a solid top though.....I can just see the flame figuring continued down the inside of the pup cavity...?
The pickguard and the pup ring are replacements...Definately the pick-guard...

MOJO HOBO

I think i found the yahoo.jp auction link,the photos have been removed ,but i am 100% sure it is it?

Guess what :eek: it was listed as a ls120 solid top...from 1981...Di marzois pups ,.so i am pretty sure to me anyway,tend to think it is a ls150...Only thing i consider suspect is the rear pup might have been replaced or tampered with...as the auction listing says /states that one pickup is uncovered..The guitar came with uncovered DMs ?

HERES THE LINK:

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m73204074

If only we had the original pictures :evil: ..

MOJO HOBO

I have a 1982 LS150 model : these 1980/81/82 LS150 Love Rock have solid top and no wings on the headstock (like some Reborn LS120).
321_1251316972.jpg

321_1251316909.jpg

321_1251317045.jpg

That's funny, no sticker or residue on the back of the headstock.

How about the electronics? Is that what a 150 should have? The sticker in the control cavity is interesting, it says "Good Old Times - Good Old Sound".

Back