1959 Les paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check out this Post in the LPF- what a bunch of dip*shits

What's up there ??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

World War III ??? :eek: :eek: :roll: :roll:

What people are these to bash somebody in such an inhuman manner ... incredible !!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Do they have to do that to defend the a virtual 'higher state' ???
... but they are just disqualifying themselves and the brand they think to 'represent' ... poor antisocial and pubertal affectation in my opinion - but not to be excused !! :roll:

Roger
BTW - togps - when I saw the nickname this afternoon it boded ill !!

I'm speechless! :cry:

Well... this post of of one of the guys says it all: "It's to be expected when you compare a relatively cheap "knock-off" to the real thing."

These guys don't eben have a trace of a clue what bull*hit they are talking! That's obvious!

Would love to meet one of them in real life..... just once... :evil:

interesting... seems to me Tokai guitars are touching some people's weak spot.

And even more interesting they send something like that to your box togps... I think our friend who once claimed he had problems with a tokai might be back.

Internet is like this few people are actually brave enough to present themselves.

One thing I thought was funny is the post from wiggles or tiddles???(our own Ian I suppose?) that little Beatch cannot get over me calling my guitars BEATCH.
Bottom line I like the LS120 sound over the real '59 Gibber-not dogging the Gibber just thought some of us guys that cannot get their hands on a real 59 should know that you can buy a late 70's early 80's Tokai slap some killer pickups in her and your not missing a thing !!!!
"That's all I have to say about that" !

Interesting but no big deal. LPF, here and other Forums can be great resources but wading through internet pablum reminds me that everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects and that the old "saw" about opinions is true. Well..., maybe some more than others. Mine is that "internet arguments," about anything, are just such....., well, you know.

ochay said:
One thing I thought was funny is the post from wiggles or tiddles???(our own Ian I suppose?) that little Beatch cannot get over me calling my guitars BEATCH.
Bottom line I like the LS120 sound over the real '59 Gibber-not dogging the Gibber just thought some of us guys that cannot get their hands on a real 59 should know that you can buy a late 70's early 80's Tokai slap some killer pickups in her and your not missing a thing !!!!
"That's all I have to say about that" !

I kind of disagree with that opinion...

But I do believe whoever is flooding the forum didn't like this topic... so I'm forced to support the topic itself :D if it makes gibson "fanatics" mad, it makes me quite happy.

bruno i agree ..I would prefer to own a 59 LP to all my Reborns,...

... but...

I have played a couple of originals, and some 58's and one 1960..they varied tremendously in tonal quality..some i preferred tonally ..some i did not think were so great..

but i would stil be honoured to own even a lesser sounding 59 ..just for the mojo..

I would put some dry Z's in her and sell the paf's...hehe :evil: :roll:

Wot are 'Dry Z's' like then Mark?

I'm still thinking but your email said it might contain 'applications' so I havent checked it yet. I'm not sure what that is? Is it OK to open?

As for the 'flamey-er than thou' types on the Gibson Forum why bother stirring them up? If having that logo on there makes you feel better so be it. Personally I dont know what to think about all this 'Burst myth. How many people, investment issues aside - honestly feel that an originals sound, feel, vibe, whatever is worth ?150K? That it's really that much better than anything else around?
Which ever way you slice it I reckon that if a guitar plays and sounds good why give a **** what it says on the peg-head? I'd be worried that my ability did'nt warrant me having an original anyway.......if you can make a 'cheap knock-off' sound pretty good then you're on velvet.

I don't frequent that site anymore. It's full of people looking down their noses at others. The guys with the real vintage stuff look down at the Historic Reissue guys, the Historic Reissue guys look down at the Custom Shop guys, the Custom Shop look down on the Standard guys, the Standard guys look down on the Classic guys, the Classic guys lok down on the Studio guys, and everybody looks down on anyone else not listed.

Well, here's my opinion. I replaced my 2004 Gibson Les Paul Classic with a 2005 Tokai LC80. I didn't need to, I didn't have to, but I did it, and it's the best move I ever made. Superior guitar, for about half the price of the Gibson LP Classic. These "cheap knockoff" Tokais are better made than current Gibson production.

mike ..its fine to open ...theres nowt in there except pics...hehe lovely lovely pics....

DRY Z's are the best pickups ever to come out of Japan ..in my opinion...they were installed in greco EGF1200 /1800 and 2500,

and in the SA900 and 1200 335's ....they sound fantastic..the only thing that comes close is the peter florence voodoo's at ?200 a pair...

a burst is worth that to a collector...its not worth that as a playing guitar...unless you are a very high earner with money to burn...

villager said:

... but...

I have played a couple of originals, and some 58's and one 1960..they varied tremendously in tonal quality..some i preferred tonally ..some i did not think were so great..

but i would stil be honoured to own even a lesser sounding 59 ..just for the mojo..

Villager I didn't mean it in that sense.

the only reason I'd want to own a vintage gibson would be to make the 250000 they sell for, I wouldn't keep the **** thing, that's for sure, I'd rather have a tokai, any day.

What I don't believe is this: An old tokai play as great or better than a vintage gibson, yet a new tokai is considered not to be even in the same ballpark...

New tokais, especially high end ones, are as good as the old ones, and it's time people figured it out...

I will one day buy an old tokai, just for the kicks of owning one, but before I do I'd rather own a couple of new ones, any day.

But don't get me wrong, I understand the appeal of an old tokai and even to a certain extent agree with the price tag... but I have to twist my nose, and look in desbelief everytime someone says an old tokai is better than a new one, because it's just not true.

I'm just glad they're over all great guitars, enough to make owners of "not so historically accurate" gibsons mad... now I'm being evil :roll: :wink:

villager said:

... but...

Ive played vintage (read: original) Les Pauls.

They vary BIG time. From wood to electronics.

But yeah, I wouldnt mind owning a "crappy 59" : )

Regardless, my 81 Ls-80 is my favorite guitar in my collection. Thats against Gibsons (one is a 1962) custom made stuff, really cheap stuff etc etc. My collection eclectic :lol:

Bruno..I have to respectfully disagree with you ..of all the new tokai's I have had, only the 2 LS-320's, are as good as the old reborn and early love rock LS-80's, 100's and 120's s...for the same specs, ie, nitro finish, one piece backs, fret binding etc..I would always pick up an old reborn or early love rock first for playability and sound. Thats my opinion.

Very very interesting topic 8)
I?m a Les Paul lover forever, but I was not lucky enough to try something older than 1.972. I tried a 335 and itr was a very sweet sounding I really felt great through a 18w clone amp.My high end P90 Tokai(my most inspired guitar) sounded gret too through it however....
Very glad to to try an old Tokai too,I wil do soon I hope.....I?ll let you know my feelings.... New Tokais are good enough for me too,but the older guitar from Tokai I tried was a '81 LS-50 from a friend he bought because my Tokai recomendation.....it was ver nice and light weight.

I'd like to try a LS320, They look/sound like they give the new Gibers a run for their money????
Unfortunately I have am spent - I finally got my 79 Reborn LS120's (for me the Holy Grails) all these killer guitars and only 2 hands-Maybe I should offer them up for sale on the LPF??
:)

To me a 320 is most regarded than a regular 50's from Gibson,sorry if this does not like to someone,it?s my opinion after trying side to side both(and the Gibbo was a '02 Yamano one,not the crap we can get here in Spain).Better fit and finish, more comfortable neck to my hands.They?re very regarded in my book....and in the others that tried mine....

villager said:
Bruno..I have to respectfully disagree with you ..of all the new tokai's I have had, only the 2 LS-320's, are as good as the old reborn and early love rock LS-80's, 100's and 120's s...for the same specs, ie, nitro finish, one piece backs, fret binding etc..I would always pick up an old reborn or early love rock first for playability and sound. Thats my opinion.

I knew you would, but I respect your opinion.
Even though my opinion differs, because I've A/B'ed a couple (oldies and ne ones) and new high-end tokais (125 and above) are just as good in my opinion... obviously both new and old vary, but I believe there are no facts backing up the "old is better" than new theory, and even if there were, well... the new will get to be older at some point too ;)

luis said:
Very very interesting topic 8)
I?m a Les Paul lover forever, but I was not lucky enough to try something older than 1.972. I tried a 335 and itr was a very sweet sounding I really felt great through a 18w clone amp.My high end P90 Tokai(my most inspired guitar) sounded gret too through it however....
Very glad to to try an old Tokai too,I wil do soon I hope.....I?ll let you know my feelings.... New Tokais are good enough for me too,but the older guitar from Tokai I tried was a '81 LS-50 from a friend he bought because my Tokai recomendation.....it was ver nice and light weight.

Luis what p90's love rock do you own, 145?

villager said:
320 = historic

apart from 320 have honduran mahog back and braz boards...all of them....

Actually villager I reckon 320/380 are a little better than current production historics, but then again that's just my opinion... actually my ls-145s was an overall better guitar over a gibson 56 historic and a 54 (even though the 54 was kind of on par with it)...

ochay said:
I'd like to try a LS320, They look/sound like they give the new Gibers a run for their money????
Unfortunately I have am spent - I finally got my 79 Reborn LS120's (for me the Holy Grails) all these killer guitars and only 2 hands-Maybe I should offer them up for sale on the LPF??
:)

Ahah, they would delete your post ban you and then they would try to create chaos in this forum again... let them be still in their foolishness :wink:

Back