Tokai LS136 LD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somaccest

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've purchased a beautiful LS136F LD made in 2020.

Can anyone help me to find exact specs of this model?

The seller it's been a little bit generic.

Thank you very much.

Flamed maple veneer over a maple cap.

Finish would be a poly coating.

2018 catalog

Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 7.47.03 PM.png

Scan 4.jpeg

There are a couple different versions of the MK2S. Sounds like you have the second version. The base probably looks like this.

IMG_7526.png

And not sure why you are using ? marks. Are those statements or questions?

OK. I was wondering because you seemed to have a lot of specific details.

Where did you get those readings for the pickups?

I've found here a post tha speak about different MK2 versions but seems that I need to remove HB for understand what version I have.
Tokai web site have not that model, and in many sites the specs, are differents. So i've opened this topic looking for some help.

Ok. So you probably got that from information I posted. Was just wondering if you had taken readings yourself. Sounds like you have not.

Do you have the guitar in your possession? I assume you do not if you are asking about the neck shape and the radius.

Ok. So you probably got that from information I posted. Was just wondering if you had taken readings yourself. Sounds like you have not.

Do you have the guitar in your possession? I assume you do not if you are asking about the neck shape and the radius.
Not yet, will be at home next week.
But i've no tools to mesure fingerboard radius and i'll prefer not to disassemble pickups for an information like output, so, just asking ...
Thank you for your kindness.

Fretboard radius on LPs and pretty universally their copies is 99% Gibson-spec 12" (notwithstanding super oddball outliers and maybe modern takes on the design targeting the shredder crowd).

Hey there, Sigmania. Finally I received my Tokai yesterday and, in your expierience, have you ever seen the headstock logo "Love rock" almost faded? The guitar is 2020 and is in excellent condition.
How is possible? Factory issue?

Thank you for your kindness.

Attachments

• 17023909097588780716348931541092.jpg
    17023909097588780716348931541092.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 0
The "Love Rock" logo is a silkscreen applied on top of the finish.

It has been this way probably from the beginning at Tokai. My 1982 LS80 has the same issue.

Some people buff it out on purpose or accidentally.

Pics from the Nafiri tour in 2022.

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 11.11.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 11.11.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 11.11.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 11.11.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 11.11.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 11.11.31 AM.png

Yes, probably the previous owner has buff it before to sell guitar.
Same thing to the serial number behind the headstock, that has first numbers almost faded.
Despite it all it's a really beautiful guitar.

For the friends that will read this post in the future, i was asking at the starting how a 50/60's neck could be: it's fat.
More fat than a Gibson Classic slim taper.
More fat than an Epiphone Custom.
But comfortable and not hard to play fast things on it.

Back