The difference between these two…

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first lgance the pickups and hardware are different. One has a hard case and the other soft. Possibly the finish too.

You should message them and ask, but based on their listings the specs are:

AST100
Specification:
  • Alder body
  • One piece canadian maple neck with rosewood FB
  • 22 medium jumbo Sanko Japan frets with soft edges
  • ST-MK2 pickups
  • Gotoh hardware
  • Steel Block Tremolo
  • Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
  • Hardshell case included

AST110
[Specification]
Body : Alder
Neck : Maple
FingerBoard : Roosewood
Pickups : ST-Classic αx3
Frets : 22, Medium Size
Case:Softcase

At first lgance the pickups and hardware are different. One has a hard case and the other soft. Possibly the finish too.

You should message them and ask, but based on their listings the specs are:

AST100
Specification:
  • Alder body
  • One piece canadian maple neck with rosewood FB
  • 22 medium jumbo Sanko Japan frets with soft edges
  • ST-MK2 pickups
  • Gotoh hardware
  • Steel Block Tremolo
  • Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
  • Hardshell case included

AST110
[Specification]
Body : Alder
Neck : Maple
FingerBoard : Roosewood
Pickups : ST-Classic αx3
Frets : 22, Medium Size
Case:Softcase
Agreed, and if I find a single shop with both on offer I will.

I’m just confused about the 100-110 thing, surely the 110 should be the superior guitar on paper as it’s technically a higher model

If it’s right then that AST-110 is an absolute bargain…

All depends on when they were made. I see the 110 is from 2023, but I don't see a production date for the other one.

All depends on when they were made. I see the 110 is from 2023, but I don't see a production date for the other one.
It’s advertised as brand new, although you’re right I guess it could be a handful of years old.

The other thing to be aware of is that Nafiri is a distributor in Indonesia I believe. They may have placed an order with their own specs. Then they set the price and model name. Could be one of those deals.

The other thing to be aware of is that Nafiri is a distributor in Indonesia I believe. They may have placed an order with their own specs. Then they set the price and model name. Could be one of those deals.
Another good point, the 100 LOOKS amazing compared to the 110, and the spec reads like it’s better too.

I was just wondering really as if the actual build and finish quality of the cheaper one is at least the same as the more expensive 100 it seems like a great price.

But I guess a lot of money can be justified if the hardware and electronics are significantly higher quality, I was mostly wondering about the designated numbers in relation to overall quality.

I recently got a brand new LS144s and am astonished at the quality of it. I was expecting it to be good, but it’s far better than I was expecting.
I was thinking of getting a new tokai Goldie somewhen soon as well after such a good experience buying from Japan and trying to work out the equivalent model to my gold top to hopefully be amazed at how good it is again.

It’s predictably confusing

Back