ST70 Springy in Metallic Green

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spring 1982 catalog...

1960 MODEL ST70-MRR ¥ 70000 The Esprit of the old model, the flat rose fingerboard laminated neck model ST70 is now available. An elaborate style dressed in the long-awaited metallic red of old guitar enthusiasts and live musicians. The brilliant coloring and the old-fashioned sound with a withered taste are outstandingly unique. A fashionable guitar that develops a splendid and exciting stage. A new item that is expected to change the history of the ST series.

8xdYF2D.png

-‘60 model (ST70R) rosewood finger board is a big feature. Shape. Hamochin U Shape. New love place with ST70.

d8W32qM.jpg

Still messing with this guitar trying to get the action where I like it. I had a local luthier set it up and asked for the action to be set low, but it still wasn't where I like it. Maybe it's the strings he put on it? Going to drop the hi E and B saddles a touch and see how it plays. The neck was shimmed because of the angle.

But man is it snappy. Loving the sound of this guitar.

And I will probably end up apologizing to the folks that I said that fret board wood doesn't affect tone. Seems fuller, but this guitar probably has what you would call a U neck and I am used to playing less massive C or V necks.

Interesting guitar.

Back