Seymour Duncan DT Motherlode!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I saw that last week. Pretty **** nice. I think he'll have to lower that price though. 150k is too high judging by what others have sold for. That DS280 ended up selling for 120K yen a couple weeks ago. Somebody got an absolutely sick deal on that. That's what I paid for my DS250 pro a couple years back.

The think is, it's easily worth 150k. But they are just not desired the same way as Van Zandt or navigator. But that's fine with me cause they are some of the best strats and tele's ever built in my opinion. Right up there with the best from any maker.

I agree with you on all counts pretty much, it is worth 150k but probably wont get it. I would not pay that price, but only because I can probably get what I want out of a cheaper Tele.
At 150k (about $2400 landed at my door) I would prefer to look for a used Fender CS Nocaster or a custom build.

Used Van Zandt and Momose Teles can be had easily for 100k if you're patient, and Navigators seem be more than 100k and less than 100k, there's no rhyme or reason to it.

For the person who is looking for one of these DT-250s, it's a reasonable deal, because it looks to be in pretty good condition, and how many were actually made anyway? I'd guess not that many.

This DT-250 sold a little while ago for a similar price to what they are asking:

http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00637026

The rarity factor would be a big part of the high asking price on these. The 200 level Duncan's are the best value for money high-end Fender copies on the market by far, eg Villager's blonde Strat that he just picked up.

Latest posts

Back