seeking info for older UK Jazz/Blues Guitarist seeking band

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompski

Reaction score
Hi there
This one goes out to the UK musicians
My dad has recently left his band of ten years after political and personal differences and is looking to put something new together but is struggling to find the right kind of ads on the internet, he's in his mid/late 60's and plays some mean jazz and blues standards and sings.
So I wanted advise on websites he might find people nearer to his age doing that kind of music, with a view to putting a gigging band together as a result of finding some like minded people.
To give you an Idea of his style I asked him to pick six favourite songs :

Georgia.
Summertime.
Kansas City Blues
Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out
Corcovado
Cry Me A River

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, he is a London based musician so even if you know someone to put in contact that would be great!

Thanks
Tom

After a good few years out of it, I got back in to a band via www.joinmyband.co.uk Seems to be a lot of varied mucisians posting there, particuarly in the London area.

JohnA said:
After a good few years out of it, I got back in to a band via www.joinmyband.co.uk Seems to be a lot of varied mucisians posting there, particuarly in the London area.

Thanks John

Latest posts

Back