Played my first wedding gig last night

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirrorboy

Reaction score
The crowd seemed easily pleased, some singing along and playing air guitar beside me :)

It was our first performance with our new bass player who's picked it up really quick. I didn't know whether we would suit as we're miles away from being a typical 'wedding band'. We're more of a garage rock'n'roll type of blues band banging out toe-tapping covers of Who, Doors, Stones, Bo Diddley, Jimmy Reed, Sonics, Iggy Pop, Canned Heat, RL Burnside et al. It wasn't perfect, but those things can be fixed. Due to the drummer being away for three weeks, we never had the all-important 'intros and endings' rehearsal :x

Afterwards, I spoke to a guy who wants to book us for his wedding in August. He was previously thinking of hiring a Ceilidh band :lol:

We played a wedding earlier this year on Valentines Day, & it all went rather well. Starting the second set with "Need Your Love So Bad" seemed kinda appropriate, for once!

And years ago in a different band, we played at a wedding as support for a Ceilidh band! Mind you, we only did that one because our harp player was the Best Man. Good fun though, both of them.

Mike

Latest posts

Back