New MIJ guitars.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hekdiesel

Reaction score
This topic has potential to incite some emotions, but that's not my aim.

If anyone has been able to play newer MIJ guitars in order to be able to speak to the overall quality of materials and craftsmanship, it would be the folks in these forums, so with that in mind i ask:

Of the current MIJ. manufacturers, who makes the best quality instruments? Ive been fortunate enough to play new Tokai guitars, and they were awesome, Ive also played Ibanez, and theyre more hit or miss, but typically pretty good as well. But what about Momose/Bacchus, Moon, Vanzandt, Fernandes or Greco (do they still make instruments)?

Navigator is pretty much top of the heap but is priced similar to Gibson and Fender Custom Shop proced.

My favorite new stuff would be Crews, VanZandt, Momose and Bacchus. They make guitars in small batches and there seem to be no compromises with materials and quality. Used Bacchus are the best deal price wise IMO.

Crews guitars are made by Terada and Deviser and have a wide range of prices depending on pickups and wood selection. Don't forget the Fujigen brand either. They have a nice lineup of guitars and some premium models too.

I have seen a Navigator in person, but didnt get to play it, the Momose stuff looks (in pictures) to be amazing.

Crews I had seen around on the web, but had never had heard anything good (or bad) about them.

I was looking at your collection last week Villager, that's some impressive stuff you have there!

Latest posts

Back