Need advice on Tokai SGs

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedrocortez

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thrilled with my LS-150, but am in the market for another Tokai.
I had been thinking about trying to get hold of a Reborn or older LP, but am increasingly attracted to the SGs , as its a type of guitar I dont have, but have always liked.

If I wanted to get hold of a high quality Tokai SG - what moedls / years should I be looking at ?

Ive read great reveiews of even the cheaper Chinese/Korean Tokai axes. What about MIJ vs the current new production far east stuff ?

Any thought Oh wise Tokai masters ?

Cheers
Pete

I have both the Chinese made SG43 and Japanese made SG88 models.

Of course the SG88 it made of a higher quality piece of wood, and more precisely replicates the 61 Re-Issue.
"Higher quality" hardware, pickups, etc,etc....and twice the price of the SG43.

Depending on budget obviously a person should go with the 88 if they can afford it, but the 43 is so well priced, so cheap, that it's a brilliant guitar if all you want is to be able to own an SG as part of your guitar collection...without hurting your bank balance.
It plays and looks great, and sounds like an SG is supposed to sound.

Can a pro guitarist gig with the SG43, absolutely.

Thanks Diamond

having searched I cant find any SG88 on the net in the UK - but plenty pf new SG50's . Are SG88s only distributed in Japan ?

Rgds
Pete

like these i found...

http://www.rockemmusic.com/product/tokai-sg50s-electric-guitar-3-pick-vintage-white
or ...
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/tokai-usg50s-electric-guitar-vintage-white-600.html
as an example

Richtone appear to also have the better spec SG75 which is within my budget - how does this compare a "good' gibson SG ?

there are other dealers too of course !!

Rgds
Pete]

Sorry, brain damage this morning.
Yes, the SG50 with the 3 humbuckers....basically the same thing as the SG43...not Alder as advertised in your link, it's Nato.

Richtone's SG75 is an SG88...just my opinion, easily as good as any Gibson SG.

Back