My new '79 Les Paul Reborn LS80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanC

Reaction score
I joined here just over a year ago after researching and buying my first MIJ - a 1978 Tokai LS60 Les Paul Reborn. Since then, numerous fanstastic MIJ's have passed through my hands, most purchased after researching extensively on this incredibly informative site. Well, we know the forum may be closing at the end of the month, and in that case I found it only fitting to share what may be my last MIJ purchase posted to tokaiforum.com.

If it is the last purchase I share on this site, I just want to say thanks to Ned for the ride - I've learned a lot about MIJ guitars and met a lot of cool people.

So here it is - a 1979 LS80 Les Paul Reborn goldtop/darkback. It's in transit now, but I'll update this thread with my own pics when it arrives.

Cheers,
Ryan

goldtop.jpg

How someone could look at that guitar and state that it's not every bit as good as(or BETTER than) a Gibson is beyond me :eek:

I've got a '79 Reborn GT that is the most incredible playing and sounding guitar that I've ever played. You're gonna love it.

I saw that one in a Guitar Craft ad :wink:

Wanted to get it but I already sold two gold tops, and still have two goldies left so, I couldn't rationalize buying another goldie.

Good on you Mr. Ryan, enjoy :D ......................

Out of all my guitars my LS80 Reborn Old. darkback Goldtop is the one that feels like an old pair of shoes, It was my first Tokai Les Paul, and it's staying with me :D

Congrats Ryan, looks like tons of mojo.... Nice sentiments on the forum too....very cool 8)

B.T.W....Taking very good care of the reborn you sold me :D

JohnA said:
Out of all my guitars my LS80 Reborn Old. darkback Goldtop is the one that feels like an old pair of shoes, It was my first Tokai Les Paul, and it's staying with me :D

****! :evil:

Thanks for the compliments fellas.

As for the weight, the seller claims it weighs out right at 4Kg even, which would only be about 8.8 pounds. Needless to say, my fingers are crossed!

I just fell in love with checking in the finish. I've been itching for another Reborn LS80 since I sold my last one to Bob! :D I found this one through Rinkya, contacted GuitarCraft directly and worked out a good deal that way.

I'll keep you guys posted! In the meantime, anyone have a spare vintage ABR style nickel bridge w/brass saddles they want to part with?

RyanC said:
I'll keep you guys posted! In the meantime, anyone have a spare vintage ABR style nickel bridge w/brass saddles they want to part with?

I know exactly where to find one, but you're not having it back!

Does look very tasty, Ryan.

villager said:
all the LS-80 Goldtops I have had from the 78-81 were light guitars, I just sold an 8lbs 6oz, and the others are all around 9-ish, love them.

My 1980 ls80 G/T is a little heavier at 9lbs 6ozs but love her anyway :lol:

UPDATE:

It's now on eBay...

I simply need to finance an unforeseen strat purchase! The auction says USA only, but if an overseas member wanted it we could try to work out shipping, etc. Fantastic axe - no issues at all. I just really only need one Les Paul right now (we'll see how long that lasts!)

Cheers.

Back