My "New" 1983 Tokai LS-120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f5joe

Reaction score
I've lusted after many Tokai's over the last few years. I just acquired this guitar from deoreo last week. This guitar plays like a dream, sounds so good, and is in immaculate condition. Most of you recall her from previous owners Rossi, Kaze, and deoreo as chronicled here:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8303&highlight=ls120

I just had to show her off tonight! Many thanks to deoreo for an honest and painless purchase!

Joe_Tokai_LS-120_053a.jpg

My son trying her out unplugged:

Joe_Tokai_LS-120_037a.jpg

And meeting her new friends (although the Edwards Page Relic is sold and the Tokai LP Special ships soon) :

Joe_Tokai_LS-120_022a.jpg

She's a beauty. In the group shot the switch tip looks cream instead of amber -- did you swap them out?

I don't want to hijack your thread but I'm dying to post a pic of my '80 LS-120. Mine isn't as mint as yours -- a relic with a few mods and the frets are ready for a level and recrown job (though she plays great as is -- the action is lower than any of my other guitars). A lot of the flame disappears from most viewing angles -- there are only a few angles where my top looks as flamey as in this pic. But she's 8.5 pounds of pure bliss.

lester_003%7E0.jpg

Just gorgeous. I'll sell the son first and keep the Tokai.. 8)

But a question to the hijacker: a 1980 (!) LS120 (!) with the "Loverock" logo? Can this be correct? Stunning beauty flamewise. But 1980? Could you pls post details?

Cheers Rup

Back