MIK Korina flying V - Price, value, quality, Tone?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelby

Reaction score
Is $380 USD a good price for a (new) MIK Korina V?

These are impossible to get here in the states... thanks to Gibson raising a stink over them being a little too right... but I've found a brand new 2004 Tokai Korina V that I can get for $380. I think it's made of real korina mahogany? I have a bunch of pics and can see the grain from all sides and it does not appear to be laminate. The body seems to be made of REAL Korina mahogany with a nice linear grain design .... very pretty. It seems like a good buy on a rare guitar. I don't need this guitar, but I'm tempted by its beauty and it being so rare here in the states. I'd be buying this mail order so I'm not able to actually play it first..... and that is always a gamble. Some opinions would be much appreciated.

Any Thoughts? (On price, value, quality, tone, etc)

Shelby

tokaiVtb3.jpg

8) I have one of the Explorer MIK models paid $379. plus shipping, for what I paid it's a great value! Korina ? I don't think so. Gibson named this wood Korina actually it's African Limba a type of mahogany.I think it's a mahogany but I don't know.I have the split headstock. Back in the early 80's Gibson reissued these along with the Moderne. These sold for $1100 new, they bring double that and more today! :eek: For the $, Go for it! :wink: TG

Latest posts

Back