LS150 problem with machineheads

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompski

Reaction score
My tuners wont keep the guitar in tune and I have been very careful to string the guitar properly several times, this guitar is amazing but this seems to be the weakest link1
Anyone else had this problem or like to offer a suitable replacement?
Thanks

Tom

It's the nut, not the tuners...get a QUALIFIED tech to tweak the nut slots for you.

Did you stretch the strings after you changed them?

The machine heads are not the problem. With an issue like this it's ALWAYS either the nut or your restringing technique.

Surely not ALWAYS, guys?

If it is the nut, maybe a little graphite (from a pencil lead) will help? Graphite is an excellent lubricant.

Mike

Thanks guys

I did of course stretch the strings in, I will try some graphite until I can get someone to look at it .

cheers

stratman323 said:
Surely not ALWAYS, guys?

Ok, not 100% always. But it's an issue that crops up pretty regularly on this and other forums, and I can only recall one occasion where it was confirmed the machine head (singular) was at fault. I believe that was on an older model too.

+1 on the graphite. Almost always helps if not totally solves the issue... unless the nut has been improperly cut and filed. In that case I would let a professional repair it properly. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back