LS145s

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny642000

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on an LS145s - GT with P90s, one piece body and nitro finish. See this link to the Tokai catalogue for full specs.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/premium/ls/ls145s/ls145ss.html

Am very excited - always wanted one like this and will give full review when it arrives.

Have bought it through Hisashi and for what I think is a very good deal:

$1150 incluing HSC
$150 EMS shipping to the UK
And even with customs duties this will come in at around ?700 GBP - so the same as the street price of a Les Paul Studio.

Current Guitarsenal:
LS75q
ES130
Breezysound
Hardpuncher
Gibson Les Paul Special - 1997 model with P100s
washburn WI165 Pro
Gordon Smith GS1
Washburn Acoustic
Hohner Bass

So there was obviously a gaping, GT P90 sized hole in my collection as I'm sure you'll agree.

Girlfriend's reaction: you can spend your money how you like - result!
Baby Joe's reaction: hasn't quite sunk in as he's only 15 months but has already managed to chip the headstock of my LS75Q - but then guitars are there to be played and used, not locked away...

Regards to all at a fantastic forum,

John.

Even for someone who is ambivalent about LPs, that looks like THE model to try. ?700? Interesting, I thought it would work out at more than that.

Are you planning on coming to our little UK forum convention?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9392

I'm sure quite a few UK members would like to have a closer look at your GT if you do. :p

Mike

This had totally passed me by... yes, I would be interested. I have a young baby and travel for my job, so being London-based London would suit me depending on when the meeting takes place.

Great idea, by the way!

All the best,

John.

Great, please keep an eye on that thread. If you make a quick post there, you can get e.mail reminders of any updates.

Hope to see you soon.

Mike

Well, the LS145s arrived yesterday. 7 days after ordering.

2 days Japan to Croydon
5 days Croydon to Clapham!

VAT and customs charges were a bit higher than expected, though total cost amounted to ?775.

However, it's worth it. I am a great admirer of Tokai quality when it comes to the Vintage series models, i.e. my LS75Q and my ES130 and this is my first taste of one of their Premium models. The jump in quality is amazing. This is the most beautiful and beautifully finished guitar I have ever seen.

Unfortunately I have to travel on Saturday, but I will post a full review and of course pictures when I'm back.

Finally, if anyone is thinking of ordering through Hisashi I would thoroughly recommend him based on this experience. Communication was good, the guitar was very well packed and protected, and the guitar itself is flawless.

That's a lot of guitar for ?775! Very nice! I've never had a brand new guitar maybe it's time for a treat!

Yes, it really is fantastic.

?775 represents ?200 over the UK selling price of the LS85s, plus you get a quality Tokai case thrown in.

I couldn't be more pleased - just need the time to get acquainted with it...

Looking forward to the review and pics. I'm particularly interested in the neck - how chunky (or not) it is.

After another recent post, I'm glad it arrived safely in one piece!

The neck is very comfortable. It's got a slightly broader fretboard than my LS75Q, but the neck has got quite a slim profile. It's certainly no baseball-bat!

John,

You're going to love it, man. Mine just smokes on the stage, and as a bonus it really turns heads. Duke Robillard has played mine and he really digs it. I asked him about his Gibson '56 RI (which he no longer has and misses) and he said that the 145S is on equal turf.

Enjoy ...

James

Johny642000 said:
VAT and customs charges were a bit higher than expected, though total cost amounted to ?775.

I seem to remember that Richtone quoted me a similar price when I enquired a few months ago, and I think that included a case. So, if I haven't got my prices confused, is it worthwhile taking all the risk of importing one yourself when there is a UK dealer who will sell you one for a very similar price?

Latest posts

Back