Les Paul Reborn LS-50

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordon

Reaction score
Hi i am looking into buying one.

Seller says it is a 1980 LS-50.
Headstock says les Paul reborn allright.

Can anyone fill me in on the specs please.

Looks like a 3p top. I don't see anything stamped in the fretboard (like a 50).
Is that okay?

THX folks

Gordon

Hello Gordon.

It seems somewhere in late 1980 that number at last fret was missing, my 1981 LS-50 does not have it.It was replaced by an oval sticker with model (50 in your case) place at headstock. LS-50s usually have 3 pieces top and 2 pieces back, so they can use smaller wood pieces.Altough we all prefer one 2 pieces top/1 piece back, using several pieces would have an advantage: good quality wood can be used. Those LS-50 can be great axes. I have a recent story: someone took my 50 to adjust,inspected it and called me it was one of the greatest guitar passing through his hands (and he owns more than 20 instruments including a Talbo). He wants to rent it in future for recording.

All Reborns have a fretboard stamp.
The last few hundred Reborn Old models in 1980 however do have the headstock sticker in stead of the stamp as Luis says

Thank you, that helps.

My #1LP is a low spec Greco, I am not at all into the 1p thing.

Only thing that has me worried is that it is in near mint cond, minimal fretwear etc.
I always tend to think that a guitar which hasn't been played may not be a player to begin with.
It is also a bit of a silly burst,clownish.
Well I may give it a shot.
Will keep you updated.
THX again
Gordon

Back