Just pulled the trigger...2006 LC180S (now LC195S)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny642000

Reaction score
I've been waiting for the right opportunity to buy a premium custom model for the last 2 years and then this came up...

http://www.nagoyaguitar.com/?pid=18481735

Had a little correspondence with Hisashi and then went ahead - should be here in a couple of weeks so will post own pictures and review later...

The GBP exchange rate has been a killer but this works out including shipping and 23% tax at around the ?870 mark and Hisashi rates it as a 8.7/10. Given that a brand new one at current exchange rates plus shipping and tax would be in the region of ?1500 I really felt I owed it to myself to go ahead...at least that's what I'm telling myself...

Finally, I bought my LS145S from Hisashi in Nov 2007 and both then and now he has been a real gentleman and I would thoroughly recommend him to those of you looking to import from Japan.

best,

John.

Johny642000 said:
I've been waiting for the right opportunity to buy a premium custom model for the last 2 years and then this came up...

http://www.nagoyaguitar.com/?pid=18481735

Had a little correspondence with Hisashi and then went ahead - should be here in a couple of weeks so will post own pictures and review later...

The GBP exchange rate has been a killer but this works out including shipping and 23% tax at around the ?870 mark and Hisashi rates it as a 8.7/10. Given that a brand new one at current exchange rates plus shipping and tax would be in the region of ?1500 I really felt I owed it to myself to go ahead...at least that's what I'm telling myself...

Finally, I bought my LS145S from Hisashi in Nov 2007 and both then and now he has been a real gentleman and I would thoroughly recommend him to those of you looking to import from Japan.

best,

John.

Good on ya, John. Congrats.

Hisashi is great to deal with and he always has nice guitars at very fair prices.

Looks a beauty, and even with our horribly weak pound, and extortionate taxes that's a lot of guitar for the money! Well done :wink:

Never bought a guitar from Hisashi, but bought some pickups and his service was excellent, never heared a bad word about him!!

Ooh yeah, that's nice! :D

Hisashi is a top man; I will buy something from him again as soon as possible.

Thanks, guys, for your comments!

JohnA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks a beauty, and even with our horribly weak pound, and extortionate taxes that's a lot of guitar for the money! Well done

You know how it is, you go off and buy something then spend the rest of your time wondering if you could have done better elsewhere...

Not in this case, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced that I've picked up a good buy - even after the exchange rate has done its worst...

I mean with long tenon, 1 piece back, lacquer finish - I'd need to go for a VOS 57 to get the same features in a Gibson - and then spend at least 3 times the money even for a similarly-aged second hand one...

Nice Tokai Custom :)

I have purchased at least half a dozen guitars from Hisashi and only once was there any issues/problems

I would not hesitate to buy from him again, if I saw something he had that I wanted & was in the market for at that time

As with any seller, always ask questions; you know, the ?normal? stuff .............

*Notice I don't use the word 'dealer'* :wink:

I think on similar items pricing and shipping appears to be more or less the same....

However, Hisashi doesn't offer the full range - he has selected items like Bacchus and Combat...then occasionally gets in certain Tokai and Edwards models...

Where he does score highly is that he offers now and then some choice older gear - last year he was selling some beautiful guitars from his personal collection which were near mint condition...

As with the guitar I'm buying, he offers very good prices on used guitars and his descriptions and assessments of the condition of the used guitar tend to be reliable...

When I was confirming the order for this guitar, he also had a 2005 Love Rock Junior for a little over $400 - that sold almost instantly so it shows someone recognsed it to be a very good price...

John.

Ok, just checked on a new LS160 from Hisashi and its a full 18600yen more than a similar LS150 from Kuro. As I understand, there's no difference in specs except for a name change...I think the price increase is from the factory itself?

Most likely partly explained by the recent price rise - the list price of the then LS150 and now LS160 will have gone up up 10,000 yen...

Were you looking on Hisashi's shop site or on Ebay?

Latest posts

Back