How to confirm age of a Jazz Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So… after a looonger wait than anticipated, my tokai jazz sound fretless arrived.

There is, sure enough, a very faint trace of the previous decal, as mentioned before. Nowhere near as obvious as the one in the picture from mdvineng… but it’s there. I can also see where it previously had JAZZ SOUND written on the decal. Pictures attached, but not very clear, I know. I’ll try get better lighting tk show them later.

There’s also a the trace of a decal from a place called HONKY TONK MUSIC, which I did a bit of searching for and could only find this article from the National Jazz Archive (url attached) in which a jazz musician (Trevor Taylor) mentions the place and it’s owner. It seems it was a music shop in the late 70s and 80s. The guitar, I assume, was originally bought from there.

So fascinating to trace the history.

I can also report that it needed a bit of setting up to get rid of a little neck buzz, and I put new flat wound strings on it… And it sounds and plays incredible. I’m delighted with it. 😃

https://nationaljazzarchive.org.uk/explore/jazz-in-essex/1277596-trevor-taylor?

oXFXE6l

Back