How much is my Tokai worth?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkstaruk

Reaction score
Hi I used to be a member of this forum many years ago though I couldn't remember my username to log in.

I bought a Japanese Tokai LC70 in 2005 it's pretty much stayed in it's case under my bed for years. It had some light bedroom play in the first year of purchase but I have since given up on guitar.
I'll need to take a closer inspection tomorrow but it seems to be in perfect condition.

I paid ?750 for it back in 2005 the rrp at the time was ?800 I believe.

Here is a pic
DSC_0025.jpg

Any idea how much it's worth?

[/quote]

Yeah I'm not even sure on the exact model tbh. It's made in 2003 (serial starts with 03) and Japanese. I'm sure I bought the LC70 but I've seen LC80's that look the same . Does anyone know the difference between those two models?

I've taken a closer inspection of the guitar and there's a couple of scratched on the back from a loose guitar string. -.-

LC70 and LC80 are the same guitar from different years, so as far as spec goes they are identical.

A 2003 Model isn't old enough to fall in to the 'vintage' catagory, just the 'second hand' catagory so I would say about 50-60% of the value of a similar new one today, probably ?450 or so

Back