Help With Identification

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krattis1

Reaction score
Hello - and greetings from Finland. I've been looking for information about a Love Rock LP guitar whose serial number starts with the letters CW. somewhere I read that it is a model made with the pride of a Chinese factory for a Japanese factory. and then as the Tokai importer from Finland said that CW guitars were cheap/bad "starting models" that were not worth importing. anyone have more info?

They are definitely Chinese. As to whether they are licensed Tokais or not is not clear to me.

The predominant mfr of Chinese Tokais between 2012 and the present starts the serial number with a CN.

CN Serial Number Gibson Copies

Hard to know what these CW guitars are.

I have a Chinese Es 335 copy, cannot complain about the quality, the good timbers are not used but the Finnish is better than most chinese and even Korean models, some of the components like input jacks are rubbish and I changed out my bridge. If you like guitar modifications they are great because parts are readily accessible and are direct replacement, the pickups are not garbage if you like warm sounds

I wouldn’t be too worried about identifying Chinese models, they are definitely not the sought after models, I personally like them but others don’t value them to the same degree.
Just value it for what it is

Back