Heads Up Anyone tried these tone caps?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tompski

Reaction score
I am still waiting on my LS150 and I'm not suggesting that I will immediately swap out the caps but I have these Bumblebee workalikes in my other Humbucker fitted guitar and I truely believe they add some serious magic and substance to the tone, as I've read somewhere on this forum I think it's right to say that the tonal differences of caps is much more noticable when a guitar is played through a nice quality valve amp.
Anyway it was just a heads up for any of you curious modders and tweekers out there, I have had great results with these .

T

http://www.singlecoil.com/shop.html

NOS Sprague bumblebees, I use em' A good simple cathode biased tube amp makes a difference. An 18watt, 5E3 tweed deluxe, etc. You can really hear the difference. A high gain amp, not as noticeable to me.

I can compare these Bumblebee workalikes from singlecoil.com to NOS Bumblebees. They are very closely to that ol' stuff. I like them a lot and they are a much better choice than Luxes or other. You shouldn't forget the pots and the wonderful vintage cloth wire you can get from Dirk.

Latest posts

Back