• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Greco WF-140

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually I would consider any Gretsch copy in the Super Real series.
The 6120s they made look cool also.
whats a fair price to pay for a Greco white Falcon if you could even find one?
t

yeah I have talked with Andrew and he's a nice guy and I think I purchased a Greco from him 4 or 5 years ago but yes he is $$$$$$$$$$! :cry:

yeah, I have bought from Andrew on about half a dozen occasions, and yeah, he can be pricey but I have bought some really great guitars from him

bought a Shimamura History Las Vegas Model (Les Paul Standard) from him a few years ago; one piece back, great guitar, and have never seen another one, ever ...............

good luck on locating a WF-140 ............ nearly impossible to find ............

I found a 6120 style in Japan but no response yet...
Im still considering the Falcon but not sure I want to have that much tied up in it?? :-?

Personnaly, I wouldn't buy anything from guitargai or guitarsjapan if I were you, especially unusual copies. If you sell the guitar, you will loose money. Especially anything out of the Lespaul/strat stuff. I made the experience and I regret it. their prices are higher than the market prices, they can sell stuff because they have a kind of reputation god knows why ( approximate/unacurate/uncomplete descriptions, most of the time, you can't be sure what you're buying, check the description: "blah blah blah", how can you know what you're buying? I can tell you if I was selling mine, I would give you a much more acurate description...) but you loose too much on the resale as a private seller.

well its hard now days as a private seller not to lose money if you go to resale as a private seller.
I personally find the Strat and Les Paul copies a bore unless its a Junior or a rosewood necked 60's but thats just me, Im more into the odd copies like the Ricks and Gretsches.....
I actually use the guitars on stage so the way I look at this game is that I'm renting them if I lose a little money. :wink:

I think what would really matter to a gretsch buyer would be the finish: (Greco copies have polyurethane finish) and the type of Gretsch Greco copied. The Greco don't have the trestle bracing Gretsch have nowadays. It's more a late 60's Gretsch that Greco have copied. They sound great but beware of feedback ( no bracing). The table is a little thicker than the recent models who copy the "golden era" Gretsch.
Pickups are ok but the guitar really deserve an upgrade to a set of TVjones.

To me, it's a shame that kind of supposed "serious" sellers are unable to delivers those essential informations... from a certain amount of money, you can expect a minimum of nowledge from the sellers. The description is absolutely not informative.

guitarsjapan is a top site, hes a top bloke from what I can see, and he like everyone else needs to make a profit

yeah I understand where youre coming from its hard to justify paying 1800.00 for a Gretsch Falcon copy, but the cheapest Gretsch Falcons Ive seen are 2k up....Im pretty sure Gretsch uses the same poly finish unless you buy a reissue costing upwards of 4k.
Ive seen a few real 6120s for around 1300.00 but you never know if they have trestle bracing because most seller dont know what the hell you are talking about.
Im not sure what I will do, I have to sell a guitar (see other post) and the market sucks right now. :cry:
If I was looking for a Tokai Strat or Les Paul it wouldnt be an issue no one has a problem spending goofy money for a vintage Love Rawk....

Back