Greco SG damage - Rinkya purchase

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just posted on your thread about this. The neck repair is really no big deal and may be the best thing if you like the SG otherwise. Good luck.

I bought a Greco LP from one of the ebay dealers who sent the guitar EMS and the guitar had this same damage, after about 3 weeks of the run around, I finally gave up because the post office didnt know how to handle the claim or just didnt want to deal with it. good luck

To the OP, you should reveal this damage (even though you have had it repaired professionally) when selling. Just saying.

I just purchased the same guitar, although it's a lefty and it is currently in transit from Japan. I'm praying that mine does not fall victim to this infamous neck snapping during shipping.

I bought an OBG from villager in a hardcase,it came with broken headstock.Shipping and insurance was 75 euros but when complaining,german post said,they will not pay,it was not enough protected.Mark received the same answer from the french company :evil:
So it was Mark who gave me my money back as written on his webside and I was happy to have choosen japanguitars exactly for this warranty reasons.

I sold a Tokai LC-85 a couple of years ago and it got to the buyer with a broken headstock also. It was packed really well with old towels, "airpillows" and in a hardcase.

DHL said, that they wont pay, because the guitar has to be packed so well, that it cant get damaged. :D

DHL is the worst company ever ! Try the words DHL + damage in google and you need one year to read all the comments ! They are well known to pay never for damaged items but take a lot of money for insurance before :evil:

I'm glad all my guitars are shipped in sturdy hardcases.
Every shipping I recieve looks like this:
P1050092.jpg

It was stated earlier that the seller is responsible for safe delivery of items sold and the only party to initiate a postal claim.....If that's the case,isn't rinkya actually the seller ?The guitar is bought in their name on yahoo than inspected and repacked in their branded packaging and shipped to the perspective buyer.The transaction is between you and rinkya according to the invoice,not the seller on yahoo :-?

Yes I agree. They make and take commission, fees, 25% handling fee on shipping (to ensure the safe delivery and packaging of the said item). If the item arrives at their warehouse damaged, then it is the original sellers responsibility but once it has arrived safely at Rinkya, then that transaction is complete and a new one is started with you, the end user/buyer and thus they are the sellers for sure.

Fiftywatt, who were you dealing with at Rinkya on this claim? I have just recently started using them and a girl from NY who lives there is amazing (I withhold names until she gets back to me regarding this thread). She ALWAYS emails be back immediately and helps me out big time. She told me they are very good at covering broken necks and damaged NP. I will email her now.

I will say that in my dealings with Rinkya they have been very helpful and efficient.....Seems they do considerable business with guitar sales and would be in their best interest to resolve these types of matters fairly......very interested in the outcome......Good luck :)

I just spoke with my fave Rinkya rep and she said that they paid Fiftywatt for the repairs and this was 1 of 4 incidences with EMS regarding broken guitars from shipping.

Udonitron said:
I just spoke with my fave Rinkya rep and she said that they paid Fiftywatt for the repairs and this was 1 of 4 incidences with EMS regarding broken guitars from shipping.

Udo is right on all counts. Rinkya reimbursed me the full price of repairs, which turned out brilliantly. Wasn't sure I was supposed to discuss it here, but Laurel gave me the greenlight. Having said that.. the tax man cometh. Anyone need a really nice clean Greco SG? :D

Udonitron said:
Sweet man, glad to hear it worked out! Post some pics of the repair, if you can? I would love to see the work! :D

Here's some pics of the overall condition of the SG. Will have to take some pics of the repair and post those later. Compared to the pics at the beginning of this thread, the cracks show up pretty faint now. And folks who know SG's also know that this sort of repair almost always makes for a more stable neck/body joint. This one rings like a tuning fork now.

88_Greco_SG_comp.jpg

Back