Going to check out a Tokai tonight.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokentoes

Reaction score
Hey all, i'm going to look at a Tokai tonight, it's a bit of a drive away but i've always wanted a J-200 style guitar, does anyone recognise this soundhole sticker ??? Opinions ???

24opyrn.jpg

a9pl5w.jpg

ymeqh.jpg

15rlgfl.jpg

It was in great shape, and the action was nice and low and perfectly set up which was a surprise so i scooped it up, the guy i bought it off wasn't too impressed with the guitar's sound and how it held tune, i didn't know if he was joking or not, the strings are almost rusted.

Happy New Tokai day for me, i'll put some new strings on her and see how she sings. I know how to change strings lol. :roll: 8) :D :lol:

Congrats, very nice. That?s exactly the guitar my friend is looking for. He was saving for the same model from that other brand :wink: , but after playing my Cat?s Eyes he now wants a Tokai. He?s on vacation now, but I?m sure he would want to know all about it. Maybe a review, more photos? He will appreciate it.

Well i put some new strings on and gave the guitar a good once over cleaning, it was pretty dirty and now she is shining and sounds quite nice, the strings are brand new so it's a little tinny but i always find new strings to be that way, i like them once they settle in to a good mellow sound, for me thats usually after about an hour of playing the newbies. As for the finish, there are some little instances which could have been done better, bits of leftover glue, the headstock inlay, and little trifles here and there, nothing that would be a dealbreaker for me and for $300 i think i did well, he wanted $400 but after a couple weeks thinkin' about it i guess he wanted some money for the weekend. We both left happy. I'm probably a little more happy cause i've always wanted one of these and they don't come up much round these parts and if they do people want too much. Can't wait for the next campfire Jam.

Here she is at the homestead.

mliec9.jpg

2jb62dh.jpg

2dipmw5.jpg

359wa4i.jpg

A Tokai family shot

35170g4.jpg

Back