Gibson ES-339's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f5joe

Reaction score
I must say that the ES-339's produced in Gibson's Custom Shop are just terrific. These are the smaller bodied, 335 configurations that originally came out in late 2007.

I've checked the specs carefully and they are a match for the Historic Gibson 335's ..... except for body size and volume/tone knobs. A Historic 335 will set you back $3k used (USD). Used 339's run in the neighborhood of $1350 to $1500. New street prices are $2k.

Unbelievable value and quality for the buck. I ended up selling both of my Tokai ES models for the 339.

I believe these are only available through Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and Guitar Sale (all GC family companies).

f5joe said:
I must say that the ES-339's produced in Gibson's Custom Shop are just terrific. These are the smaller bodied, 335 configurations that originally came out in late 2007.

I've checked the specs carefully and they are a match for the Historic Gibson 335's ..... except for body size and volume/tone knobs. A Historic 335 will set up back $3k used (USD). Used 339's run in the neighborhood of $1350 to $1500. New street prices are $2k.

Unbelievable value and quality for the buck. I ended up selling both of my Tokai ES models for the 339.

I believe these are only available through Guitar Center, Musician's Friend and Guitar Sale (all GC family companies).

Hash Brown just bought one.... heard him play it last nite. Nice Cherry finish - he got a great deal on it from someone who needed to raise some cash...sounds great.

Yes, there are some good deals out there on used ones. I've got the Antique Cherry myself. Just traded a guy for a Carmelburst version.

Yummy. :)

Carmelburst, Antique Cherry and Antique Vintage Sunburst.

339002a.jpg

Did you sell all your japanese guitars for these three new gibsons?
Do you regret your decision now? We know both sides are great but...

I guess there are CS336/356. and ES339 and now ES359 or CS359?

:roll:

I sold a couple of Tokai ES-130's since I prefer the body size of the 339's. Also, the necks are beefier than my previous Tokais. Loved the Tokais too, just not room for all of them.

I prefer the smaller 335 design over the 336/356 designs. Just my preference.

The guitar on the right belongs to a good friend. :)

Also, my photography doesn't do these beauties justice. That Antique Cherry is gorgeous in person.

Hi Joe, have you seen any lefty 339's? I have a friend who may be interested if he can find a lefty....He plays Jazz and is a small guy and the 335's are just too big for him.

Mick

Back