• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS / FT: Les Paul Replica

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryptozoo

Reaction score
Price includes shipping and PayPal in the lower 48 and I will only ship to a verified PayPal address. EU folks, contact me if you're interested and we'll figure out a good shipping / payment method.

Trade upate -- I'm jonesing for a higher-end Tokai ES 335-style (ES120 or higher if new, ES100 or higher circa 1980s) guitar. I'd like to trade the Mushroom replica for an ES + cash. PM if interested!

Les Paul '59 Replica 'Mushroom'

A hand-built replica above and beyond Gibson's Custom Shop Historic specs purchased from Villager. This was built in the early 90s by Mr. Shimanatu, one of FujiGen-Gakki's master luthiers from 1960-1980. FujiGen is the same factory that produced some of the most infamous Japanese lawsuit copies, including some of the best Orville by Gibson and Greco models. Mr. Shimanatu loved Gibson Les Pauls, and upon retirement in the mid-90s, set out to make a short series of the most accurate Les Paul replicas he could. He finished approximately 50 of them (his son, an avid Fender fan, took over the business soon after and produced a series of Fender replicas as well). This guitar reminds me of Gibson's recent Slash series, only better!

Non-weight relieved at a light 8.7lbs. Beautiful grain on the Brazilian Rosewood board, frets are almost perfect. High-quality electronics, PAF style pickups that were hand-wound by Mr. Shimanatu to be hotter versions of the pups that made the original bursts sound so good. The neck is very comfortable with a wide D shape and falls somewhere between a Gibson R9 and R0. Solid maple top (non-laminate) with an amazing flame and grain, beautiful tobacco finish, thin coat of nitro, stunning Brazilian fretboard, fret edge binding, Honduran Mahogany 2-piece back and 1-piece neck (no wings on headstock)... you name it, this has it! Will ship in an older MIJ hard case.

$2250

att1e8.jpg

2r2t9vq.jpg

ndkikk.jpg

dp8x95.jpg

x41wts.jpg

116qh6e.jpg
[/img]

Yes it certainly looks everything a Les Paul should be! James is a great guy too, bought my LS120 Reborn from him, friendly, honest and really knows his stuff! I'm very tempted!

leadguitar_323 said:
psilly.?? Excuse my 60's-70's attempt at humour, but what is "psilly"

Mick

Sorry....inside joke for us former fungi fanatics and farmers:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

I went out collecting fungi. My bag was full of toadstools, so there wasn't mushroom for anything else.....

Back