Filler Strip On Early Tokai & Burny Les Pauls

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I have never paid attention, but I am noticing this filler strip in the neck tenons of 1978 Tokai & Tokai made Burny Les Pauls.

They seem to be filling the end of the channels for the truss rod?

Does anyone know how long this lasted?

This is the FLG90/150 I posted some time ago with the reverse Chevron flames.....I think we already surmised this was a 1980 Terada build but I suppose this detail confirms that ?

Attachments

• IMG_3050.JPG
    IMG_3050.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 0
Your FLG90 does not have Tokai routs for the pickup tabs. Does it have any Tokai features like the model number stamp or a Tokai serial number?

If not, I would have to wonder if Tokai supplied another builder with necks. This was the beginning of CNC use on guitars and Tokai was the only guitar mfr in the world using it.

Looks to me like Tokai started off making necks with these channels then corrected the mistake. Who knows if they copied another manufacturer’s technique with the truss rod channel?

Also, your FLG90 does not have the offset neck tenon that Tokais have.

55625-be47021578a7339b4e72fe6b3c97bfd5.jpg

Last edited:
No, no other indications that it was a Tokai build - as far as I can see its Terada factory made. Thought it was interesting that they also used this truss rod plug construction as Tokai did at one point. Have you seen any Tokais that have this plug that are not inkies ? Maybe there is a Nagano/Terada connection ?

Latest posts

Back