• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fender Blues Junior for sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Due to a recent (rather expensive!) purchase, my Fender Blues Junior needs to go. It?s a 15w valve 1 x 12 combo with the classic Fender spring reverb. This one was made in the USA, I believe later ones were made in Mexico.

Specs:

The Blues Junior, a warm-toned favorite, uses a 15-watt tube preamp/power amp platform and pushes it through a 12? Fender Special Design speaker.

Features
15 watts into 8 Ohms
Two EL-84 Groove Tube output tubes
Three 12AX7 preamp tubes
1 x 12? 8 Ohm Fender Special Design Eminence speaker
Master, Preamp Volume, Bass, Middle and Treble
FAT switch
Fender Reverb
Footswitch jack for remote FAT on/off
Chrome panel
Vintage pointer knobs
Black textured vinyl with silver grille cloth
16? H x 18? W x 9.18? D
31 lbs

Details on Fender website:
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0213205000

Hundreds of user reviews here:
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Fender/Blues+Junior/10/1

In good condition, little used, to be honest. I?m asking ?300. I don?t have a box for it, so I have no idea how I would send this by courier, though I?m open to suggestions. I would prefer it to be collected, though I might be prepared to deliver it a reasonable distance, for a small charge. I?m based in North London, though I will be in Leeds next weekend, & I could take it with me, if that?s any help to anyone. Drop me a PM if you?re interested.

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Mike

That's a good Junior..... the USA versions are quite desirable (green circuit board instead of the cream board in the MIM version).

I would much rather not risk handing it over to a courier - have you seen the way some packages get thrown around? Anyway, I rarely use guitar shops these days, & I don't have one that I would call local.

stratman323 said:
I'm calm! :p I just get anxious at the thought of couriers....

:-?

Pull the tubes from the amp, wrap them in bubble wrap and tape the bundle to the inside wall of the amp. Then stuff the cavity with balled up news paper.

You can put the amp upright in a box, surround it with lots of balled up news paper or styro peanuts and it'll be fine. I've shipped out two or three Juniors across the states this way and never had a problem or a busted tube.

It's less time & bother to do a face to face deal with somebody! Even if I end up delivering it.

There are a lot of people in the area immediately around London. I believe that Texas (and the US generally) is slightly larger?

:wink: :lol:

stratman323 said:
It's less time & bother to do a face to face deal with somebody! Even if I end up delivering it.

There are a lot of people in the area immediately around London. I believe that Texas (and the US generally) is slightly larger?

Obviously if I'd have read your post thoroughly, I'd have noticed that you stated a local pickup or limited delivery - and I'd have kept my pie hole shut. :oops:

marcusnieman said:
stratman323 said:

Obviously if I'd have read your post thoroughly, I'd have noticed that you stated a local pickup or limited delivery - and I'd have kept my pie hole shut. :oops:

Is 'pie hole' a common Texas expression? That's the first time Ive heard an American use that one :D

Yeah I know you were both being helpful, & thanks for the tips. I just hope I don't have to courier it - we'll see.

8)

I am in leicester myself dunno how we would sort it, but the amps looks smashing.
I better go away and check my guitar fund, i am supposed to be saving but I keep spending it

JohnA said:
Is 'pie hole' a common Texas expression? That's the first time Ive heard an American use that one :D

Dunno....my dad used to say that alot - cake hole is another variant. My favorite of his is "snot locker" for nose. Sorry for the diversion from the topic but I couldn't resist.

marcusnieman said:
That's a good Junior..... the USA versions are quite desirable (green circuit board instead of the cream board in the MIM version).

Marcus, what difference does that make? And do you know when they shifted production from the US to Mexico?

Stereohigh said:
I am in leicester myself dunno how we would sort it, but the amps looks smashing.
I better go away and check my guitar fund, i am supposed to be saving but I keep spending it

I'll be driving back down the M1 from Leeds this Sunday, possibly stopping off in Coventry for a short while on the way.

If you're sure you want it, I could take the Blues Junior with me, & drop it off to you on the way home on Sunday, if you can pay me cash on delivery. No charge for delivery to your home, but I will need to know by Friday evening - tomorrow. After that will be too late. And I won't have a lot of flexibility on time, it will depend a lot on traffic.

So, let me know. 8)

stratman323 said:
marcusnieman said:

Marcus, what difference does that make? And do you know when they shifted production from the US to Mexico?

The green board is warmer, the cream board is brighter.
Read this:

http://home.comcast.net/~machrone/bluesjunior.htm

stratman323 said:
Thanks Marcus.

Welcome. There is quite a following on these excellent little amps. The mods discussed on that page were developed by a guy named Bill Machrone......they really improve upon the amps and boost them quite a bit.

I have 3 Juniors now (all limited editions) and I'm going to send one of them off to him to do..... I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Yes, they seem a bit like E pickups - you either like them or you don't. Luckily lots of people love them. I prefer my new Cornell, but it did cost considerably more, so I need to get some of that back from selling the BJ.

It will go onto eBay this evening.

stratman323 said:
It will go onto eBay this evening.

Cool....be sure to emphasize the MADE IN THE USA and the DESIRABLE GREEN CIRCUIT BOARD only found on the made in US Junior. Wouldn't hurt to post the link I sent you. Might help you garner a few more bucks for it.

Back