Done! Love Rock Project completed. Sound clip inside.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polarbear

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My Tokai was completed tonight.

Here's a small review on it:

Finish/Fit

The finish is flawless on this thing. Apart from afew shells of paint here and there, and some light scratches on the front from picks and whatnot. This guitar is very well done.

The flame pops - like flame should- and burst is just perfect imo.

DSC00613.jpg

Playability

Think of a Les Paul Studio, plays better than that. The guy who set it up for me loves it 8)
Lovely neck on it and the heel is huge, just like a Les Paul should be ;)

Sound

Ballsy, Crunchy, Sustains for ages. Can only describe in a sound clip.

Soundclip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSPVaMXrK7Y

Nice... sounds good. To me, the real test of tone for a Les Paul is the middle position with both pickups..... yours sounds nice.

marcusnieman said:
Nice... sounds good. To me, the real test of tone for a Les Paul is the middle position with both pickups..... yours sounds nice.

Thanks man, means alot :D

Polarbear said:
marcusnieman said:
Polarbear said:
marcusnieman said:

Thanks man, means alot :D

:wink:

Any tips I could use to improve my playing?

Practice of course but equally important, listen to lots of music. You have to have the sounds in your head before you can get them to your fingers.

Lot's of lesson stuff on youtube and tons of books and DVD programs. If you have any mates that play, get with them and knock it around a bit. But above all else, have fun.

Learning how to play is a lifetime endeavor - you will never learn everything there is to learn. Think of it like a jigsaw puzzle. When you first start, you have a bunch of pieces that don't amount to much of anything. But after fiddling with it awhile, first a couple pieces fit together here.... then a few more over there, and there, etc. Then you start to see the "big picture" start to take shape and more and more pieces come together to create something.

well done pb, nothing wrong with those mik's is there.
are those the stock pups? what capacitors are you using?
wired 50's style, you can get a lot more tones with the tone pots i think, you actually start using them, instead of keeping them on 10 :)
your ax sounds fine to me.

marcusnieman said:
Practice of course but equally important, listen to lots of music. You have to have the sounds in your head before you can get them to your fingers.

Lot's of lesson stuff on youtube and tons of books and DVD programs. If you have any mates that play, get with them and knock it around a bit. But above all else, have fun.

Learning how to play is a lifetime endeavor - you will never learn everything there is to learn. Think of it like a jigsaw puzzle. When you first start, you have a bunch of pieces that don't amount to much of anything. But after fiddling with it awhile, first a couple pieces fit together here.... then a few more over there, and there, etc. Then you start to see the "big picture" start to take shape and more and more pieces come together to create something.

Ok, great advice. Thanks sir.

jonah65 said:
well done pb, nothing wrong with those mik's is there.
are those the stock pups? what capacitors are you using?
wired 50's style, you can get a lot more tones with the tone pots i think, you actually start using them, instead of keeping them on 10 :)
your ax sounds fine to me.

Thanks Jonah.

Yeah, stocks. I installed Gibson pots and knobs etc on it.
I do use them, I was just showing the basic tone you get :)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back