Convention Guitar Videos

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirrorboy

Reaction score
27 videos posted here http://www.youtube.com/user/AireSound

I have titled and detailed some of them from info supplied but I need info for 7 strats and 5 lesters including Gabe's mahogany(?) strat and Alan's black special. Any suggestions for the others welcome even if it's a shot in the dark :)

Great stuff Tom, that's a lot of work you've had to put in to get those up & titled for our enjoyment. Thanks, I (for one) really appreciate it.

Gabe's weird Strat-like-object is a Moon, & I believe it's walnut, not mahogany. You have described one of mine as Red Sparkleburst - I always believed it was just called Red Sparkle, but maybe you're right, it does have a sort of burst thing going on. Strat 11 is Andre's ST60 (?) with Kinmans - the noiseless pickups, I think.

Strat 9 is JohnA's Bacchus & so is Strat 8. I assume that both have Yuta or Alnico Special pickups, the same as in my Red Sparkle(burst) ST55 - so that makes an interesting comparison.

Strat 7 is Gabe's ST60 with E pickups. Strat 6 is Gabe's Goldie ST80 - I believe the pickups are the original Dimarzios. Strat 5 is Alan's Springy ST80, which I believe has Es, though I'm sure Alan can confirm this.

I'm glad I handed them to you in some sort of logical order, or I probably would have got very confused by now. :lol:

Next time somebody asks for pickup recommendations, or asks what certain Tokai pickups sound like, we have a great little archive of videos to refer them to. 8)

Brilliant work Tom!!

Lester 1 1979 LS120 Reborn with Peter Florence Voodoos
Lester 2 1980 LS80
Lester 3 New LS370 (I think)
Lester 4 New LS150 (I think)

Great stuff and fantastic sounding guitars ! A pleasure to hear so much wonderful instruments :lol:

Thanks guys, a pleasure. Job done, I think.

Andre, I guess your Guild Is M-75?

My springy = ST80 with Es, yep.

Black special = suspected LSS100 SEB, but I'm not about to strip it to find out ;) It has no "lip" on the neck tenon at the cutaway like the non-SEB models have, so it's as close as I can place it.

Latest posts

Back