Burny or Greco LP Custom?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsuspend

Reaction score
I cant deal with the Greco headstock inlay and the volute... Burny all the way.

IMG_1555.jpg

I have a Burny custom but i haven't played it yet as i bought it in parts but i have an 83 Greco Mint collection LP and it has tone to die for. I only payed $350 aussie dollars for it and it is excellent, i have absolutely no problem with the volute { i have 6 LP's without one} and while the headstock logo is "different" i can live with it. That John Sykes Burny is nice though :wink:

Mick

mrsuspend said:
Well I went for the Greco, I got it for a good price (?260+shipping) so I'm happy :D

/Magnus

s long as you're happy :D The Screamin pickups in the Greck would probably sell for ?70-80ish if you are changing them anyway, that would make it a pretty cheap guitar!!

Thanks, yes I probably will need to as the TV Joneses that are going in will set me back around ?180. So you'll probably see them in the classifieds before long!

/Magnus

mrsuspend said:
Thanks, yes I probably will need to as the TV Joneses that are going in will set me back around ?180. So you'll probably see them in the classifieds before long!

/Magnus
Do you mean the T.V.Jones Filtertrons?that would make for a very different sounding Les Paul, something like a Roc Jet perhaps? Gabe.

That's exactly what I'm aiming for! :D
I wouldn't mind a Greco 'Jet but they seem incredibly rare. I've played a Gretsch RocJet and to be honest I wasn't too impressed, it's a great guitar in principle but the wood and workmanship both seemed below par.

/Magnus

Was that the Japanese Roc jet? because the American ones were notoriously variable in quality.Gabe

http://www.northcoastguitars.com.au/rocjet.html I thought the duo jet and the roc jet were essentially the same guitar?Gabe.

I prefer the all mahogany Burnys, as compared to the Greco customs I have played

I have a mid 1980s all maho RLC-60 with the correct TRC & head stock inlay :)
weighs just under 9 lb., and is my best Lester AFA dry, old wood 8)

bluejeannot said:
I thought the duo jet and the roc jet were essentially the same guitar?Gabe.

Yes, the differences are mainly cosmetic as Gretsch/Baldwin tried to "update" the Duo Jet to make it look more like a Les Paul. I wouldn't mind a Duo Jet
either but even new they're out of my league price wise.

/M

Latest posts

Back