Breezy sound info please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlieratz

Reaction score
Hi all , I was in London the other day and in the area was a large guitar store so I went for a browse , not planning on buying anything in particular but thought I’d just have a look . They had a stunning candy apple red with maple neck breezy sound that I liked the look of so I gave it a try and thought it was amazing to play but i sensibly put it down and walked away . I then beat myself up for 36 hours as felt like I’d missed out . As luck would have it I rung them a few days later and they still had it so I bought it and I’m delighted with it . I’d like to know a bit more about it please if anyone can help. Where and when was it made. Serial no is TW18110035. Thanks all

If it’s a TW serial number then that is likely an unauthorized guitar.

Can you post pictures?

My memory is at least one distributor had these made and then lost their contract with Tokai.

If it’s a TW serial number then that is likely an unauthorized guitar.

Can you post pictures?

My memory is at least one distributor had these made and then lost their contract with Tokai.

Attachments

• IMG_2796.jpeg
    IMG_2796.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2797.jpeg
    IMG_2797.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2820.jpeg
    IMG_2820.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
Definitely not Made In Japan.

Probably not legit either. Jury is still out on these.

Definitely not Made In Japan.

Probably not legit either. Jury is still out on these.
Cheers for the info . I thought I’d had a touch and got a MIJ for a steal bit now I’m thinking I’ve paid over the odds for a Chinese guitar . What should I have paid for this in your opinion mate . It’s in excellent condition but didn’t come with a case or anything . Plays lovely . I could just return it for a refund tho as was mis advertised and they said I can return it

I would guess it would be worth less than $500. Not sure what that is in Euros.

These were inexpensive guitars from the get go, but superficially attractive.

Essentially made as a starter guitar.

Not bad quality of fit from what I ahear.

2018 seems to be the year for these. Probably one order that was made without approval from Tokai.

I would take it back for a refund or some money back if you like it, depending on what you paid. I'm guessing a guitar shop in London would be asking top price for a MIJ Tokai, unless they knew it wasn't really MIJ.

Back