Best Nut for Strat?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirrorboy

Reaction score
Any views out there?

I can have camel or buffalo bone, Graphtec Tusq or Trem-Nut. I can make from a blank, but it's such a lot of work I'd like to hear any opinions on the various materials available.

Thanks

mirrorboy said:
Any views out there?

I can have camel or buffalo bone, Graphtec Tusq or Trem-Nut. I can make from a blank, but it's such a lot of work I'd like to hear any opinions on the various materials available.

Thanks

Now what in the world would be the perceivable difference between camel and buffalo bone :roll:

Bone would be my choice.

I prefer bone; these guys have done bone nuts for two of my Strats :D
http://www.hoffmanguitars.com/guitar.htm

marcus, gotta case of the 'roids today, huh? ........................

I am a bone nut fan myself but for something like a Strat with a trem (if you use that a lot), I would go for a Graph Tech self lubricating Black TUSQ XL Nut. :wink:

Thanks a lot guys, I ordered a bone nut. I was deepening the slots in the old Squier and the G string slot broke through into the void of the cheapass hollow plastic nut :oops:

leadguitar_323 said:
I would say Stratman,_323, he's a huge strat nut..... :p

Mick

Aussie humour eh? Maybe one day it will be invented. :wink: :lol:

What's the difference between plastic & bone? (and don't say plastic is man-made Mick!). Fender always used plastic, didn't they?

Mike

Latest posts

Back